experienced QM2 sailors

belldebb

Welcome, Belldebb to Cunard and the QM2. I cannot answer your question about an upgrade. There is another current thread about "Guarantees" that has some information about upgrades. I don't think there is much rhyme or reason to the upgrade system on Cunard.

I noticed that you are booked for the December 2, 2006 cruise. We have a Roll Call on "Other Roll Calls" for this cruise. There are some great folks posting on the Roll Call and we would love to have you join us.

Beth

I am not real good with links but perhaps this one will work. If so, it will take you right to the Roll Call. If it doesn't work, look for the Roll Call Forum. There are Roll Calls for many cruiselines. The first link in the Roll Call Forum is "Roll Calls-Other Cruise Lines". Go to that Forum and look for the thread for the QM2 December 2, 2006 cruise. I will move the Roll Call near the top so you can find it.

I just tried the link and it did not work, so removed it. I also moved the Roll Call to the top of the Forum. Let me know if you need more help finding it. Good luck.

Beth

We were the second couple to book the complete Around the World cruise for 2007.

We booked a hull balcony. I am expecting NO upgrade, but who knows..I have had upgrades twice on HAL Rotterdam, each was a supposed upgrade, that put us below public rooms, we took it the first time, and declined the second and stayed in the room I had chosen..so beware upgrades, they are not always good.

Here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

If you go back to the opening page of the boards, scroll down to where it says "Roll Calls", the first choice is "Roll Calls - All Other Cruise Lines". You may have to search for your cruise, there are quite a few there.

Actually, it looks like someone has brought the thread to the top for you, I suppose I should read more carefully!

Welcome to our Dec 2nd cruise. We've got a pretty active roll call going which you can access easily by clicking on the link posted by Happy KS. That will take you right to our roll call discussion. Just look for the heading QM2 Dec 2nd and you've found us. We have a few pages you might enjoy reading through so you know who we all are and then please post a reply so we'll know you found us. We have experienced cruisers, crossers, and new-bees and lots of discussion and help being offered. So come on over and let's get to know each other. Another way you can find this site is to go to the home page, click on "boards" at the top of the page, then scroll down the list on the left side til you get to "Roll Call". Under that you will see a category called roll calls-all other ships....that's where our Cunard roll calls are. I had trouble finding it the first time too...now it's the first place I check. Beth has sailed the QM2 before and is very helpful about on-board stuff...you know, what clothes to bring...all the important stuff!! So we look forward to meeting you. Cheers, Penny

in the holland america bull boards, it is pointed out that upgrades are so capricious that they seemed to be handled by fairies. The cruise management at Cunard are reported as saying that upgrades are handled on a lottery basis although there has been a posting that it pays to know someone somewheres. My experience with upgrades on Princess is that they have always been to a cabin near the rear end of the ship (the stern.)

I am trying to get a roll call started for the June 9 tp July 3rd triple back to back grand mediterranean cruize combo on the QM2:so far unsucessful; how do I get a roll call started for a 24 day cruise starting, JUne 9, and ending in New York, July 3?

I was on the Dec. 8, 2005 QM2 cruise. I didn't book early. In October I saw an ad on the internet saying "Book an Inside and be upgraded to a Balcony." I wasted no time booking and was given a B1 cabin. It was lovely. Very enjoyable cruise and the ship already had Christmas trees up.

Hopefully they will upgrade existing bookings first this year so keep your fingers crossed.

I sailed on the Dec. 8,2005 QM2 cruise. I didn't book early, though. I saw an ad on the internet in October "Book an Inside and be upgraded to a Balcony cabin." I wasted no time booking and was upgraded to a B1 cabin. It was lovely. Hopefully they will take care of their existing bookings and upgrade you this year (maybe they did last year as well.)

Very enjoyable cruise and the ship was all decorated for Christmas....trees and all. Good luck!

Archived