Breakaway sailing (Oct. 3rd, 2021)

boswell0877

first time going to bermuda.  with all that is going on there as far as COVID most likely will not do any excursions but would like to hit the beach.

are the beaches accessible (i.e. walking distance) from the pier?

also, i read in another thread that the Sept. 26th sailing was only at 50% capacity for passengers.

anyone know if there is a way to find out the number of passengers for this date?

and i see that the price has dropped $150 from what we paid.  🤕

next time we'll book closer to sailing.

given that one must get a PCR test by 9/29 it will be interesting when the 10/3 sailing disappears from the NCL web site.  🙂

Hi.  There is a beach right at the pier that you can walk to from the ship.  It was not as nice as some other beaches but still nice enough and better than being on the boat!  It is called Snorkel Park Beach.  If I remember they do charge an entrance fee.

Have a great time!  I will be there the week after you and can't wait.  

2 minutes ago, eynsteinp said:

Hi.  There is a beach right at the pier that you can walk to from the ship.  It was not as nice as some other beaches but still nice enough and better than being on the boat!  It is called Snorkel Park Beach.  If I remember they do charge an entrance fee.

Have a great time!  I will be there the week after you and can't wait.  

are the nicer beaches you refer to within walking distance?  would not mind walking a few miles to burn off the food and alcohol consumed.  🙂

• Haha 1

Unfortunately, I do not believe so but I have only been on this cruise once before so I am not an expert on the area.  I do not recall any other beaches in walking distance though.  Perhaps someone else might know of one.  I did go to snorkel beach and it was not a bad beach.  You certainly can enjoy yourself there.

56 minutes ago, boswell0877 said:

are the nicer beaches you refer to within walking distance?  would not mind walking a few miles to burn off the food and alcohol consumed.  🙂

The most popular beach (Horseshoe Bay) is several miles away and not walkable.  I don't know if there are sidewalks and Bermuda roads are fairly narrow.  Two other popular beaches, Tobacco Bay and St. Catherine's, are all the way at the far end of the island by St. George's.  I am not a fan of snorkel beach, but if it's the only thing you can get too and not completely overrun by the cruise ship passengers, it may be all you can do.