Red Baron Grand Cayman Charter

63galaxie

Another option you have is to rent a zodiac boat. We were a group of 10 who traveled a few weeks back. We were originally going to book the Red Baron and I have heard it is fabulous! We decided on the Zodiac because it included a tour of the mangroves. The Zodiac and Red Baron are parked side by side and both looked really great. The Red Baron sounds wonderful b/c what could be better than sailing in those beautiful waters? However, we LOVED the Zodiac. We were able to travel 60mph, leaving all of the other boats in our wake! We did stingray city, snorkeling on the wall, went to starfish beach and through the mangroves. Because the boat is so fast, we didn't feel rushed and were able to do everything we planned. Nick was the boat captain and he was awesome! He was really knowledgeable about the stingrays. It was little more expensive than the Red Baron, but I thought it was well worth it, for us it was about $10 more per person. We booked through grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com which books both the Red Baron and the Stingray. Either way you go, you'll have a wonderful time!

Another option you have is to rent a zodiac boat. We were a group of 10 who traveled a few weeks back. We were originally going to book the Red Baron and I have heard it is fabulous! We decided on the Zodiac because it included a tour of the mangroves. The Zodiac and Red Baron are parked side by side and both looked really great. The Red Baron sounds wonderful b/c what could be better than sailing in those beautiful waters? However, we LOVED the Zodiac. We were able to travel 60mph, leaving all of the other boats in our wake! We did stingray city, snorkeling on the wall, went to starfish beach and through the mangroves. Because the boat is so fast, we didn't feel rushed and were able to do everything we planned. Nick was the boat captain and he was awesome! He was really knowledgeable about the stingrays. It was little more expensive than the Red Baron, but I thought it was well worth it, for us it was about $10 more per person. We booked through grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com which books both the Red Baron and the Stingray. Either way you go, you'll have a wonderful time!

You know, I saw the Zodiac, but I have two concerns.

The first would be that the speed of the boat might be too much for two elderly people. The second is that there are only 8 of us and you have to rent the entire boat. So, it would be pretty costly for just 8 people. It's about $100 less ($400 for 1/2 day) on the Red Baron.

Would you describe the mangroves for me? What did you see?

KJ

I think you're right that the speed of the boat may be a bit much for elderly people. It goes very fast. We're all in our mid 30's and thought it was awesome, but not sure my grandparents would enjoy it.

I'm not all that knowlegeable about where the mangroves are, but it was trees growing in the water. There was a path that we drove through and were able to look at different animal life. It was raining when we did the mangroves so we saw some cool birds, a large iguana and upside down jelly fish - very cool. On a sunny day, I'm told we would've seen quite a bit more.

Email me if you have any other questions, ncedwards4@hotmail.com

I think you're right that the speed of the boat may be a bit much for elderly people. It goes very fast. We're all in our mid 30's and thought it was awesome, but not sure my grandparents would enjoy it.

I'm not all that knowlegeable about where the mangroves are, but it was trees growing in the water. There was a path that we drove through and were able to look at different animal life. It was raining when we did the mangroves so we saw some cool birds, a large iguana and upside down jelly fish - very cool. On a sunny day, I'm told we would've seen quite a bit more.

Email me if you have any other questions, ncedwards4@hotmail.com

I laughed out loud at that one! Something about visualizing grandparents zooming along in an open boat at 65 with kids yelling, "faster, faster" just tickled me!

You're right. It's not for us on this trip, but next time, without the folks, we'll be there!

Thanks again. Karen

Have a great time Karen and let me know how the Red Baron is.

Penni

Hi again!

Well, the Red Baron wouldn't work for us because they only go to the deep water and we need to go to the shallow sandbar.

We're going with a full day tour with Captain Marvin. We like the all day tour because they go diving for conch, cook it and serve it to us, and give us the shells to keep! Plus, we'll stop at a private club where they cook us fresh Mahi-Mahi. They also provide free transportation from the ship to the tour boat. This will save us $12 a person (there are 8 of us). They also have a videographer on board. I'll let you know how it was when we return. Karen

Archived