No Show Check-in?

easimmon36

My husband and I had originally booked a cruise for the end of this month together, but he now can't go so I'm planning to go solo. Our PVP advised us to just have him be a no-show at the port, because taking him off the booking would impact our pricing. My question is, should I/do I have to still check him in online since he's still attached to the booking, or can I board without him being fully checked in? Thanks!

I was once in the same situation.  I checked my husband in on-line and he was a no-show at the pier.  When I went to check in I just told them he wasn’t feeling well and wouldn’t be on the cruise.  No questions asked and his taxes & port fees were refunded.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I was once in the same situation.  I checked my husband in on-line and he was a no-show at the pier.  When I went to check in I just told them he wasn’t feeling well and wouldn’t be on the cruise.  No questions asked and his taxes & port fees were refunded.

And follow the logical answer. If you’re traveling with someone who’s already checked in but has a last minute illness or accident they’re obviously not gonna show up. But you’re there so either they let you on or refund you your money if they don’t.