Yes or No Have you witnessed Jeans on Formal Night(s)

b8tzm

Have you witnessed jeans on formal night(s) where the people have been allowed to stay?

YES I have, what about you?

yes but they looked way out of place.. I do know they won't turn you away on a carnival cruise but they are frowned upon.

Never bored, curious if people are ever tossed, we saw people wearing tanks and cutoffs get tossed but never jean wearers

That definately would get you tossed.. I am making the next comment BUT ANYONE WHO READS THIS NOT LOOKING FOR A DEBATE.. LOL..

I think Jeans on Formal night is way out.. frankly I (personally) always thought Jeans in the main dining room was a bit tacky (just due to the formalities our wait staff goes through) You will see many many many other opinions but that is just how I feel..

NO NEED TO START DEBATING>>>

I would say yes many times but..... they were nicely pressed,even triple pleated in the front, very blue in color and I think their name was Nautica (or it said so on a tag they had sewn on with their name) which I thought was a stange name for what looked like an American. I saw another man with a more common name too, Ralph Polo. And one time someone named Tommy had a pair of nice jeans on for formal wear.

No the real question is does it really matter because there is not a thing you nor I can do about it. It's up to Carnival and their staff to enforce the dress code they came up with. I mean they have lowered the formal wear suggestions so low it's really a joke to even call it "formal night" anymore.

However they have not lowered it to just any ole jeans will do nicely.

Until they start enforcing it forget it.

I wondered how long after the other thread was deleted before a new one would pop up.

Jeans on F/N - yep saw them. People with Dress shirts (and ties even) stayed and people with tees, tanks, and one even had a baseball jersey I think were turned away at the door.

I say save the jeans for casual nights cause there are more of them. :D

Why is it that people seem to look for justification from others for wearing jeans?? If you are going to wear them anyway, why bother asking about it here? To start trouble? Olympics boring you? I just don't get it... it's been asked hundreds of times, yet I doubt it has changed someone's mind. We all have our opinions... formal is formal, formalwear shops that I have seen don't carry denim... should be simple enough, but it never is. If you want to "buck the system" so you can get a piece of rubbery lobster, go for it... Remember people, not everyone in this country has manners, you can't really hold that against them :D

Why is it that people seem to look for justification from others for wearing jeans?? If you are going to wear them anyway, why bother asking about it here? To start trouble? Olympics boring you? I just don't get it... it's been asked hundreds of times, yet I doubt it has changed someone's mind. We all have our opinions... formal is formal, formalwear shops that I have seen don't carry denim... should be simple enough, but it never is. If you want to "buck the system" so you can get a piece of rubbery lobster, go for it... Remember people, not everyone in this country has manners, you can't really hold that against them :D

Very Nicely Said!

If it wasn't formal night it would simply be 'night'..

Look the wait staff in the main dining room are wearing tuxes.. Be respectful to them and your fellow cruisers and leave the jeans in the room..

Frankly I think it is a lack of respect wearing them in the main dining room at all.

Have you witnessed jeans in the dining room on formal night(s) where the people have been allowed to stay and eat ?

YES I have, what about you?

Yes, I did, and they were at our table! They were also some of the nicest people I have ever met! They were from Canada, and they joked about how over dressed they were. For the second formal night, he rented a tux!:)

And as I've said before regarding the I, ME, MY etc. croud that doesn't care care about the Host's dress request...

If you want to be a pig ... go ahead... no one is going to stop you. But don't get upset at dirty looks and people talking about you... both behind your back and with-in ear shot... about being a pig.

I would say yes many times but..... they were nicely pressed,even triple pleated in the front, very blue in color and I think their name was Nautica (or it said so on a tag they had sewn on with their name) which I thought was a stange name for what looked like an American. I saw another man with a more common name too, Ralph Polo. And one time someone named Tommy had a pair of nice jeans on for formal wear.

No the real question is does it really matter because there is not a thing you nor I can do about it. It's up to Carnival and their staff to enforce the dress code they came up with. I mean they have lowered the formal wear suggestions so low it's really a joke to even call it "formal night" anymore.

However they have not lowered it to just any ole jeans will do nicely.

Until they start enforcing it forget it.

Never heard of a guy named "Ralph Polo" or have I ever bought any clothes by " Ralph Polo" , maybe Ralph Lauren, or Polo!!!

O.K, had to add, tripple pleated is so out dated !!!

Absolutely YES I have seen jeans on Formal night in the main (NOT Lido) dining rooms and the people wearing them were served.

The only times I have seen rejection, it was NOT because of the jeans, but because of a ratty tshirt or tank top or some such other BS.

I'm not sure I believe you!!! Just what would your expertize on this subject be, have you ever spoken of it :D ?

Archived