Proof of COVID test

TexasBrit

What form of proof of the COVID test is required at check-in for boarding?

Does it have to be a printout of the test results, or can the image on the phone be used?

I may not have access to a printer after the results are available.

Thank you

I don't know the full answer, but Carnival's Return to Service FAQs does say this:

"Acceptable proof of PCR/antigen COVID-19 testing includes laboratory test record, digital certificate and healthcare record."

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

The mention of a "digital certificate" implies to me that some sort of digital confirmation is acceptable. Whether an email showing your test result counts as a "digital certificate", I have no idea. But I'd like to know too.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gtalum said:

They d accept digital proof with QR code, but they're not really clear about what exactly qualifies.

The QR code reference seems to apply to the proof of vaccination requirement as far as I can see. Not the negative Covid test requirement the OP was asking about.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I don't know the full answer, but Carnival's Return to Service FAQs does say this:

"Acceptable proof of PCR/antigen COVID-19 testing includes laboratory test record, digital certificate and healthcare record."

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

The mention of a "digital certificate" implies to me that some sort of digital confirmation is acceptable. Whether an email showing your test result counts as a "digital certificate", I have no idea. But I'd like to know too.

I think it requires a QR code that they can verify.

• Thanks 1

I have a printed copy and email with results I will ask what Carnival wants and accepts, We are boarding the Pride tomorrow in Baltimore. I will let you know asap.

There is no QR code with the results of a antigen  test, it's an email with the date collected, date received, and date reported  and your date of Birth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, winslow050 said:

Sorry it took so long getting back to you.  Carnival accepts emails printed out or an email on your phone. Has to have name, date of test and your birthday.

Thank you very much. If we are able to print the results, I will take the paper proof, but good to know the email proof  on the phone is OK if we need it.

Have a great cruise!