Anyone off the Dream recently?

LatinaInTexas

Wondering how embarkation has been going at Galveston, mainly what time is the earliest people are being able to get off.

Have an 11:30 flight so barring any unexpected issues Im thinking it will be ok.

As a back up I also have a one way car rental to San Antonio booked.

It depends on your muster station number. If you were carrying your luggage off, then they started letting people off I think around 8:30, but that started with muster stations A1, etc. Our muster station was D4, and we got off closer to 9:30. 

• Thanks 1

Suite guest, diamond and platinum guest were disembarked first at 7:30.....we disembarked on October 9th.....the traffic on I-45 was heavy just past Galveston  - the entrance ramp to the Beltway 8 going east was closed. That should all be fixed by now - hopefully.

• Thanks 1

We had the Carnival shuttle for our 12:30 flight.  It left at 9:30 and we had plenty of time for breakfast and also time when we arrived at the airport.  We did not carry off our bags, but picked them up downstairs by the shuttle...we put the bags out around 11:00pm the night before we disembarked. This worked out perfectly for us.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 2:47 AM, eileen11 said:

We had the Carnival shuttle for our 12:30 flight.  It left at 9:30 and we had plenty of time for breakfast and also time when we arrived at the airport.  We did not carry off our bags, but picked them up downstairs by the shuttle...we put the bags out around 11:00pm the night before we disembarked. This worked out perfectly for us.

We have this same situation. 12:30pm flight home from Galveston to Hobby and the shuttle pickup is 9-9:15am. I'm just hoping we can get off on time.

Did you speak with the Carnival front desk so you could be one of the first off? I thought you had to carry your luggage if you wanted to get off in time for an early shuttle like 9am. 

Any other info would be great. Thanks for sharing.

Hi, I was off the Dream on Sunday 1.9.22 shortly after 8:00am with an A3 muster station and self carry of my luggage. The CD started calling A3 and A4 at about 7:35am. I was not ready to leave my cabin then or would have probably been walking off by 7:45am.

The facial recognition system used for passports gets you through customs very quickly.  And if you do not have any alcohol or cigarette purchases to declare, you will not need to stand in line to pay the Texas Sales Tax.

• Like 1