Cruise itinerary difference

macfam5

We recently booked a cruise for February 2022, our confirmation itinerary is different that what it is on NCL website.  I also looked at cruisemapper.com and it too shows our ship itinerary to match the website and not our confirmation email. Which one will be right? We like to venture on our own so really need to know

If I was to hazard a guess, it would be the website as that usually up to date. Especially when they are still selling the cruise. 

Usually you would get an email stating the changes. Ask your TA or PCC to confirm. 

• Like 1

I'd bet the confirmation.  It was generated last and the cruisemapper simply mimicks what the NCL web site says.  As far as the NCL web site goes, the web programmers are usually the LAST to get any word of changes in almost any organization.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:16 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

I'd bet the confirmation.  It was generated last and the cruisemapper simply mimicks what the NCL web site says.  As far as the NCL web site goes, the web programmers are usually the LAST to get any word of changes in almost any organization.

Yes, I spoke with our PCC and it is the itinerary confirmation you go with. 

Yes, the confirmation.  We had this happen with our recent Alaska cruise we're planning for next year.

I learned a good way to check this in the future is, even if you're interested in what the general itinerary says on their website and think it applies to all dates for that cruise, you need to make sure it applies to the date you select before you purchase.  You can do this on the website by clicking on "view itinerary" which shows up on the right side of the screen before final booking once you have selected your cruise dates.  This will show you the final itinerary and you should be able to tell whether it differs from expectations, especially if you have the original itinerary open in another internet window.  That "view itinerary" that you selected for your given cruise dates should then match what they send you in your confirmation, as opposed to the general itinerary that NCL shows for all dates of a given cruise.

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, jasperess said:

Yes, the confirmation.  We had this happen with our recent Alaska cruise we're planning for next year.

I learned a good way to check this in the future is, even if you're interested in what the general itinerary says on their website and think it applies to all dates for that cruise, you need to make sure it applies to the date you select before you purchase.  You can do this on the website by clicking on "view itinerary" which shows up on the right side of the screen before final booking once you have selected your cruise dates.  This will show you the final itinerary and you should be able to tell whether it differs from expectations, especially if you have the original itinerary open in another internet window.  That "view itinerary" that you selected for your given cruise dates should then match what they send you in your confirmation, as opposed to the general itinerary that NCL shows for all dates of a given cruise.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for that tip. We have never experienced this in any of our last six cruises. Only by fluke I noticed for this upcoming one.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, macfam5 said:

Thank you for that tip. We have never experienced this in any of our last six cruises. Only by fluke I noticed for this upcoming one.

My pleasure!  It was the same for us!  Never noticed this on previous cruises, but booked a recent Alaska cruise and was quite shocked at the itinerary difference.

Hope this isn't a new thing for NCL, but regardless I'm going to pay more attention from now on.