Walgreens Covid ID Now test

kamper427

The only rapid  Covid test my Walgreens is offering is the ID Now test from Abbott. It is not specifically mentioned on Carnival's website but the Abbott website says it is a molecular test. Carnival's list of accepted tests says molecular tests are acceptable. Is it safe to assume that the ID Now will be accepted?  Please forgive me for asking another  Covid testing question, but I am really nervous about it and am more nervous about Carnival not listing it specifically. 

• Like 1

The ID Now Test is one of the NAAT that is acceptable to sail. Depending on how busy the on-site lab is, you may get your result back within the hour. On my experience, I took the test, drove him and within 30 mins, they called and confirmed negative result, then the email result came another 15 minutes later. A total of less than an hour wait. It's super easy and stress free. 

• Thanks 2

For our October 7 cruise, we mad our appointments on line, got 2 confirmation emails, one just confirming the appointments and telling you what to bring, then next day one with an actual confirmation number. That’s the one to print and take with you to the appointment.  There was 3 of us. We all did the test at the same time and left right at 10:00. One got her results in 40 minutes, and me and DH got ours 5 hours later. I was getting a bit nervous!  Anyway, all in all, it was pretty easy. Just made another appointment for this Friday for our Oct 31 cruise! Hope it goes as well.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, glrounds said:

Are the results from this test known immediately  (15 minutes) ?

Walgreens says the results are within 24 hours, but according to the ID Now Abbott website the results are known in 15 minures.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kamper427 said:

Walgreens says the results are within 24 hours, but according to the ID Now Abbott website the results are known in 15 minures.

That’s for their own protection. As I said earlier, my friend got her results in 40 minutes, but we got ours within 5 hours. We all were in the same vehicle and did the tests at the same time. I guess it depends on when they do the in house lab testing. I was a nervous wreck waiting after she got hers so fast!  I’ve read where others have gotten their results in 15 minutes, just depends on your Walgreens. This morning, I was able to schedule our tests for this Friday and we sail Sunday. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, CMOTO said:

Does every Walgreens have these tests??  How much do they cost?

I don’t think every Walgreens has the test. Unfortunately you have to go on line to their website, go thru the whole process to see what test is available at what Walgreens.  There is no cost for the testing, it’s free!

Husband and I have our ID Now tests scheduled for Thursday, 10/28 at our local Walgreens.  We have a red-eye that night to Miami and sail on Saturday. I do have 3 EMED Binax tests also just in case.  And in Colorado we can get free Binax tests (not proctored) for home use, so we did a practice test each last night and were negative. However the nerves were in high gear during that 15 minute wait.