Leaving next week and Bodden is booked...

Jayhawk

What would you guys recommend? Cab and private driver for the day or renting a car and doing it ourselves? I've seen a few others recommend the two women, any other thoughts?

We are late 30s with two small kids. Not sure if we'll have the kids with us or can leave them on the boat. Hoping to hit lots of stuff - zip lines (although one at a time if we have the kids - how long do they take and is there something to do close by?), Fantasy Island, Iguana farm, snorkeling. Is it possible to do all those things? How far apart are they? Would it be possible to just get a car and do it yourself? (We did this two years ago in Aruba and got to 4 different things and essentially saw the entire island).

Thanks SO much in advance - Rose

I would highly recommend Juan Carlos Rodriguez of Islander Tours (www.islandertours.com or email at islandertours@yahoo.com). He will take you wherever you want to go and is highly trustworthy and knowledgable about the island. I was glad we didn't try to rent a car ourselves. Not that I am uncomfortable doing so (we have rented cars in Mexico and Grand Cayman), but we had so many things we wanted to fit into our day so it saved us so much time going with someone who knew where to go and was ready and waiting at the port. His fee varies by the number of people in your group. For just the two of us it was $40 per person, but the more people you have, the lower the rate per person it seems. We were also able to go to places many tourists may not (his sister's restaurant, for example, for incredible milkshakes and freshly made fruit punch).

our group used bodden had 16 people and 2 vans had the time of our lives. He will take you anywhere you want and knows the free places to feed the monkeys. We went to the orphanage, Iguana farm, zipline, drove around the island, swimming 3 hours, went to his private home, and stopped several places to shop. One thing great about rotatan no DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL.

have fun on your tours

debkjw:) ;) :p

Archived