Tendering in Grand Cayman

rainbow92

I am on the Mariner 2/26-3/5 and we are going to Grand Cayman on Thursday, March 2 with 5 other ships in port. I have booked an excursion with Sotos tours for a 9:30 Stingray City tour. They said I should be on one of the 1st tenders, but since I did not book with the cruise line I may not get a ticket for this. How bad is the tender situation in Grrand Cayman? I have read some horrible stories here and am wondering if things are improving. Any information is helpful.

Thanks

We just got off LOS and we didn't even tender off Georgetown because of high winds. We had to tender in Spotts Bay and it was interesting getting off the ship and onto the tender with the waves bouncing the boat. While I'm not sure how the earlier tendering was because we waited until it was quiet, it was efficient at that time.

We had an excursion last year though a private tour operator and did not use a tender ticket to get off. What we did was make sure we were downstairs first thing in the a.m. to line up when they were to start letting people off. We were 5th in line and had no ticket. The tenders ran back and forth so frequently that we were able to do our excursion, tender back to the ship for lunch and then tender off the ship again to walk around town before heading back to the ship for a second time.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone explain the tender ticket, please? I understand that this is how you get off the ship but where and when does one acquire a ticket? Thanks!

Also, if I could add a question: if you book the excursion through RCCL, does it include the tender ticket?

D

There is no cost for tendering. It might take a little time because everyone wants to go to shore but the process is very simple. If you have an excursion they will make sure that you get there on time if it's booked with the cruise ship.

Archived