What's the best cruise song ever?

Kaibigan

I can't believe no one has listed Down by the Sea by Men at work. Don't remember it? Listen:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002ABO/qid=1140573408/sr=8-1/ref=__1/002-2023692-9408865?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

or watch this dudes cruise video called Bridges.

http://www.chesterh.com/video_index.html There are some other good videos as well.

"An Affair to Remember" sung by Vic Damone from the movie of the same name. A bit outdated from most of the songs mentioned here but the romanticism of the love affair started on the ocean liner is a classic and I can't hear this song without being transported back to an elegant, romantic liner crossing. Wish I knew the mechanics of downloading it to an ipod as someone mentioned. Then come December I too would dance to this emotional song on the top deck of the QM2 with my husband of 33 years. It's a classic that will always remind me of cruising. Cheers, Penny

It's not a very well known song, but PLEASE go try and find "Turn Around and Run". ITunes has it. The WHOLE SONG is about "a week in paradise" and if it was all so wonderful, why are we coming home?

You can hear Kelly McGuire's version at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kmcguire/from/jkloss

First verse and chorus...

"From a week in paradise I got used to holding you close every night.

As we come down from the clouds and touch the ground you're squeezin my hand so tight.

But if paradise is behind us, where we learn less is really more, and all we needed was each other, then what the h*ll are we comin' back for?"

Let's turn around and run back to the sea and the sun.

Don't need much to have fun, just some lotion and some rum.

We can snorkel for free, make love on the beach.

Lay around in the sun. The smartest thing we've ever done is turn around and run"

ANYTHING on the Club Paradise soundtrack (if you're lucky enough to find a non-LP (it was only released on LP) version... ;) Lucky Me! :rolleyes: )

ANYTHING on the 50 First Dates soundtrack

Pretty Flamingo - Manfred Mann

I'd Help Her Pack Her Bags If I Weren't Too Drunk - Bill Jabanoski

Miami - Will Smith

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Dollar Wine. Not sure who sings it, I think its a local Caribbean band. When we were down there in March 2004 we heard it everywhere - the poolside band on the ship and everyone on land (in restaraunts, on the radio on excursions, beaches, everywhere).

And I don't know what this next one's called but it goes... you put the lime in the coconut you mix it all together, put the lime in the coconut, then you'll feel better, I said DOCTOR, is there nothing I can take? I said DOCTOR, to releive this belly ache??

I also have a calypso steel drum band CD that gets me in the cruisin' mood.

I think the best cruise song ever is the one my roommate and I wrote and performed on the Empress 3/8/04 Spring Break Cruise. We had the whole Viking Crown singing along the last night for our encore, command performance.

The lyrics are a little risque for these boards.

The chorus is:

Cruise, Cruise, Cruise

Booze, Booze, Booze

F***, F***, F***

How can I lose?

And really, how can you lose? Cruises are the best vacation there is.

Archived