Iona - deck 4 and 5 Seaview cabins - advice please

phoenix1975

Hi

Looking at booking a seaview cabin on Iona which I can see are on Decks 4 & 5. Anyone got any opinion of these and whether deck 4 or 5 is better? On outside photos it looks like the windows on 5 are larger - is this the case? My only concern with deck 5 is with any noise from above - has anyone experienced this or are they quiet?

Thanks 🙂

We had a seaview cabin on deck 4 for 7 nights in September and to say we were pleased with our choice would be an understatement.

The window was large with an extremely comfortable window seat, the cabin itself was large and well appointed and most importantly there was no noise at all.

Obviously over the course of 7 nights you tend to run into people on the same deck with the same cabins and every single person we spoke to was equally as happy with their choice as us.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phoenix1975 said:

Hi

Looking at booking a seaview cabin on Iona which I can see are on Decks 4 & 5. Anyone got any opinion of these and whether deck 4 or 5 is better? On outside photos it looks like the windows on 5 are larger - is this the case? My only concern with deck 5 is with any noise from above - has anyone experienced this or are they quiet?

Thanks 🙂

I have to agree with Lisashusband - we stayed in a sea view cabin on deck 4 and were more than happy with it. The cabin was super spacious and there was no noise whatsoever 😊

• Like 1

We had a cabin on Deck 4 for a staycation in September… The space was excellent with a window seat, rectangular layout and a very good sized bathroom… I can’t comment on Deck 5 but we are on G138 at the end of the month and opted for Deck 4 again… Midships this time (we were forward but they upgraded us to a different cabin)

The best thing about Deck 4 was being first in the lift on the way up as they had a 4 to a lift policy in place for the last cruise meaning they were hard to get at rush hour.. We had no issues because we were generally first in 

Edited by Bluemanc100
Font size

Thanks for all the help. I ended up joining the Facebook Group about Iona cabins, which helped to see photos of the cabins.

When I booked this evening, there weren't cabins available on Deck 4 where I wanted one, so have booked a Deck 5 one mid-forward on the port side.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phoenix1975 said:

Thanks for all the help. I ended up joining the Facebook Group about Iona cabins, which helped to see photos of the cabins.

When I booked this evening, there weren't cabins available on Deck 4 where I wanted one, so have booked a Deck 5 one mid-forward on the port side.

We had an outside cabin on deck 5, was perfect no noise at all.  Room a bit narrow but best bathroom on any ship