Docking Or Tendering

tigerdadky

Does Anyone Know If They Are Docking Or Tendering In Cozumel And Progresso

I am pretty sure that I read that Cozumel will be tendered until the piers can be rebuilt and that would be sometime in 2007 .I haven't seen anything on Progresso.

I was in Coz just this last Dec and we had to tender in because the big cruise piers were destroyed by the hurricane and it will be some time down the road before they are rebuilt.

Tendering in was no problem at all. They drop anchor quite close to shore and it's a very quick ride in. Lots and lots of shops/bars/resturants are open for business and things have been cleaned up very nicely. After some shopping I suggest you hop in a taxi ($14) and go out to Paradise beach where you will be treated wonderfully. Great service/food/drinks/ play stuff to use in the water, etc. You will however see plenty of devastation on the way out there.

As for Progreso, I arrived there on a cruise ship 1 year ago and there is a 5 mile long pier that the ships dock at. You ride a bus in to the shore.

Archived