MSC Meraviglia November 2021 all inclusive digital photo package

ogallie

We just booked 2 cabins under the same booking number. Bought the $150 all inclusive for each cabin that's $300 in total.

The 4 adults would like group photos but the description states:

Including:

• Digital files of all pictures taken by our photographers on-board
  • Additional discount on prints

Not including:

• Photos of others in your party not travelling in your cabin including Super-Family cabins
  • Photos of groups, weddings, or other parties
  • Private-studio and other special occasion photos
  • Any special printing or retouching request.

When I searched for past posts, others had written that they've obtained "VIP" cards to ensure they could get pictures with others including the super-family cabins.

It looks like all the photo packages, even the buy 10 - 20 or more packages have the same description.

And yes, I called MSC only to have them direct me to the MyMscPhotos.com website to "answer all my questions". Well that wasn't helpful as there was even less information posted on the regular MSC website.

We leave in 3 weeks on 11/28/21 so it would be really helpful to hear from others who have recently experienced the Meraviglia photography services.

Thanks in advance!!

We were on Meraviglia Sep. 2021 and had the digital photo package. Please read below so you know how photo system work, then I could answer your question.

Every time you take a picture, they scan your room card key (Must use the same room card key each time , i.e. if you scan your room key on photo 1, then you must use the same key each time when you take pictures, cannot use other room key even from the same cabin).  Most of time, pictures are loaded following day and if you are missing any pictures you could go to Meraviglia's photo department during off peak (we usually went before dinner since it's right next to MDR) and ask them to load missing pictures.  You could check MyMscPhotos.com during the cruise to view pictures (you don't need internet package to view photos) and see if they have loaded photos.  

To answer your questions, I don't think they would have any issue adding back group pictures if they know both cabins have digital photo packages.  I think they have "Photos of others in your party not travelling in your cabin including Super-Family cabins" rule is for multiple cabin family/groups and buying only 1 digital photo package for the whole family/group.

Just go to the photo department during off peak and ask them to load it for you. My personal opinion is that they go in manually and delete group pictures, but after they know both cabin have photo packages, then they won't delete them. 

Take lots of pictures and get to photographers. We got to know one photographer well and he took many great pictures for us, even at Ocean Cay.  

• 3 months later...
On 11/8/2021 at 11:54 AM, ogallie said:

Thank for letting me know your experience.

Hi ogallie!

I hope you had a great cruise.  I was just searching the forum to learn the answers to your exact questions.  We have 2 connected cabins booked for our parents/kids/grandparents part of 7.  I interpreted that I'd have to buy each cabin the package in order to make sure everyone gets included in photos.

Can you please share how your experience ended up?  Any tips to simplify matters?  What soosie74 said about picking one key, and only one key, and using that one each time is terrible... you'd think they could sort it out within a cabin.  But it's MSC's IT, so... yeah.

Thanks for any advice!