Goff Caye not available - other suggestions?

steel123

The Goff Caye excursion will not be offered on our Carnival cruise during our day at Belize. I was told Goff Caye would be closed. We were planning to do this excursion since we weren't interested in the cave tubing. Does anyone have another suggestion for a good beach/snorkel excursion?:)

I wouldn't take this as gospel truth....

Maybe Carnival isn't offering a tour there...but if it is open.... there will several companies on the dock at the pier where you tender in that will be offering it....

If it truely is closed...

Rendevous Caye is a really good option...

I am going to make some phone calls to my friends down there and find out what the heck is going on! I'll get back to you....

Travelworks, thanks for looking into this. When I was looking at our excursion options for our Carnival cruise in late August, I noticed Goff Caye wasn't appearing. I called Carnival and spoke with the shore excursion rep and she told me Goff Caye would be closed on our day and a few other days. So any information you find out would be very helpful. We were very interested in this type of excursion, and it sounds like Rendevous Caye may be similar, but I don't think Carnival offers it. Do we have to book this on our own?:)

11347_78150_8538210_1135920582md157f5d8d9e934ec922f433c63b9e3b07.jpg

My email is

cruisephotos@gmail.com

Good Morning everyone!

I have great news from Belize....

IF YOUR CRUISE SHIP DOESN'T OFFER THE TOUR THERE~

YOU CAN STILL GET THEM from Private TOUR operators!

Several Snorkel/Dive companies are doing them! The Cruise ships don't get high commisions from these tours because the Cayes are considered to be like "state parks" and the Country of Belize makes the money from them because they have park entrance fees that the tour operators pay when they take groups there! It is similiar to our State and National Park fees we pay here in the states!

...Where places like Bannister Island are privately owned...and they pay the cruiselines commissions based on how many people they can get to go there....so now you see why the cruises are promoting certain tours and dropping others!

I got an email from Tom G*********(who is the President of Belize Tourism for Cruises) this morning...

Here it is below:

Hi Amy,

GOFF'S CAYE is ALWAYS open and very active.

RENDEZVOUS CAYE is the same.

And I am voted the BEST in cave tubing in Belize still.

There are FITs contacting me with great requests, as well.

ALSO : SPECIAL NEWS : We are developing an island called HICK'S CAYE and I will keep you informed on that. Working with an investment group out of the USA.

The boards of course can't keep my name from being mentioned, but they cut out the surname where they can.

The official BELIZE tourism

board's webpage, can be contacted to be able to get in touch with me.

THANK YOU for keeping my name out. I OWE you seriously for that.

Amy, my heartfelt thanks, and God bless.

TOM G*******

G******** ADVENTURES BELIZE

****IS THIS GOOD NEWS OR WHAT!!!!*****

IF you need a good operator down there, please email me (my email is at the top of this post) and I will give you Tom's contact information so he can hook you up!

Or search for his info on the Official Tourism website that he posted above!!!!

THE CAYES ARE BACK ON THE MAP!

11353_78150_8538217_1135920598md2dfae0e8c003bce735231dd96ff45c84.jpg

11204_78150_8538080_1135920271md357b09caf65a500b94c9b2efdf3dce8b.jpg

I love CRUISE CRITIC!

CaptnCrunch, that's the one I want to book. Sounds like just what we want. Let me know what you find out. I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.

All right and you do the same, I have an email off to them as well. Sounds like a good one, we did Captian Nautica in St. Thomas they only take 20-25 people and it was the greatest. My concern here is the boat used, last time we went to Belize we did shark ray alley and I got stuck in the bow under a fiberglass roof in 90+ degree heat for over and hour!

Archived