Australia Not Cancelled?

mah/pah

I am surprised that Carnival has still not cancelled Splendor leaving out of Sydney 2/20/2022! Australia itself is still under quarrentine for US citizens, and New Zealand remains on lock down, preventing ALL shore excursions. I sympathize with, and want to support the cruise industry - but feel it is unreasonable to expect this cruise to go forward. Asking as we just got prompted to "pay up" the balance owed, or face cancellation. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am wondering why they are still sending out promotional emails for the Australia sailings. I went and booked a "great" deal and did not realize we could not travel to Australia. Not sure how it will work as it did state it was a  non refundable deposit. I would really love to go but all the research I have now done clearly looks like they will not open the borders

This is just my opinion but I think they keep pushing Australia deals to get statistics to lobby Australia to open for cruises. When they can show thousands of folks wanting to spend money in Australia to get to cruises plus the payroll for local ship purchases and support they have a much better position to pressure the government. Without that back-up they have no answer to "how do you know anyone even wants to?" With those bookings they can say "you're denying the Australian economy this many millions of dollars - that is an undeniable fact."