Helpful Hints for Disney Wonder

Mickey Freak

We will be sailing on the Disney Wonder at the end of the month. It is our first cruise, does anyone have any helpful tricks and hints about the cruise?

JUST REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN!!!! DH & I just sailed in FEB on the WONDER our first cruise as well and simply had the TIME OF OUR LIVES. We loved it so much we re-booked while on the ship for Feb 2007 on the 7 day MAGIC!! The WONDER is spectacular. We were literally in awe all three days!! :D

The buffet breakfast are nice, but the main resteraunt's breakfast are super. You are waited on there. And everything is prepared for you. It's tableclothed, linen napkins, and service. Never crowded. Don't get me wrong, the breakfast buffet is very nice, but the dinning room breakfast is 1st class Disney service. And keep this in mind for any dinning experiance, if you want more, be it entrees, or main servings, just ask for it. Palo is an adult only dinning room, with a surcharge. It serves fine Italian cuisine, and if you like chocolate, a choc souflee desert, that leaves you just wanting more. Hint, if you liked the chocalate souflee, let your table captain know when you walk into your dinning room rotation, tip them $5.00, and they'll make sure you get another one, fresh from Palo's. The other 6 or so people@ your table will WONDER, how you got that desert? Hint! Late seating is more relaxed, since the dinning room doesn't have to be turned around so quickly. There are generally fewer children, at the second diner seating. More to follow! Metrowon

Every moning a ship's bulletin board newspaper, will show up underneath your cabin door. Take it to breakfast , and look it over. Lot's of things are missed, if you miss reading your Navigator every morning. My wife and I, have done a ship's bridge tour, and kitchen tour, because she read the Navigator. If you are without children, the adult's only beach at Castawy Cay{KEY}, is the place to go too. Parasailing? It's a blast, and available @ Castaway Cay. It's more exspensive there, but wellworth the $$$$$ers, if your an adventorous type! It's so much fun! 400-550 feet up in the air, total serenity, and security. The Fury Catamaran's snorkling trips are just plain fun, and you don't have to snorkel! It's a three hour party, and they are ship sponsored. Hint! You can save money on excursions when you arrive @ differant ports of call. Keep in mind, if it's not ship sponsored, and something goes wrong, you may end up looking at your ship leaving, without you because you are 2 minutes late. Be on board 20 minutes, before you are supposed to. Metrowon

No, I don't work for them! I'm not a TA either. You will be treated so nice, and you'll have a great time. And if you do have a great time, re-book on board. There are no deals anywhere, and I've searched all of them, that beats rebooking on board, with the additional shipboard dollars, for your next cruise. All you have to do is get there, and unpack! It's so neat! For the men out there reading this, a DCL cruise really let's you treat your wife like a Queen, the One you Married. Metrowon

Best tip to get the most our of your trip is to read your Navigator newspaper!!! It will tell you everything that is happening on the ship.

If they have a matinee performance of any of the shows, go to them instead of going in the evening. It is less crowded, and it frees up more evening time for you when there are so many activities going on.

Go with the idea of trying new things, you'll be surprised at what you find you like.

Hope you have a Magical cruise!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Disembark on CC the minute you can, and reboard as late as humanly possible. CC is my favorite place on earth, and the absolute hands-down most relaxing days I have ever had as a parent.

Volunteer for things! I "checked the ball rack" in Bingo, and got a pin for it (it's on our trip backpack). DS was picked for Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer, and won a crystal paperweight and received a different pin.

Try new foods! If you don't like them, ask for something different. Order off the kids menu if they have something that sounds good, and let the kids order off the adult menu if they want.

Order Mickey ice cream bars from room service every night as a late treat.

Wow---I could go on and on...

Archived