Parking and Luggage Handling at Port Everglades’s Terminal 18 for Odyssey of the Seas

GoldenZoo

For anyone who has recently sailed on Odyssey and parked their vehicle I have some questions.  First, am I correct  that Terminal 18 is the correct terminal for Odyssey?  When we park our vehicle, do they take our luggage and get it to the ship?  We have never parked at the terminal before but now that we live in Florida and can drive to the port it is a new experience.  I was planning on just dropping off the luggage and half of our party and then parking the car, but someone suggested they take the luggage when you park to make it easier.  Last question, how far is the actual terminal from the parking garage?  My husband has recently had trouble walking long distances.

I appreciate any information!  We cruise in December, and I am trying to finish all my planning.

Drop it off as you enter the terminal area then park. It is a flat parking lot quick and easy.

The biggest issue is the ants that have always been in this lot since at least 2010. In the past the secret was not to park near one of the islands with trees in the parking lot to avoid the ants. I did that like I have in the past and still ended up with ants during my B2B on Odyssey. No food residue or anything to attract them. For at least the last 11 years ants have always been a problem in this lot. Never had any issues at Miami, Tampa, or Port Canaveral. Only Port Everglades.

1 hour ago, outtoseacruise said:

Drop it off as you enter the terminal area then park. It is a flat parking lot quick and easy.

The biggest issue is the ants that have always been in this lot since at least 2010. In the past the secret was not to park near one of the islands with trees in the parking lot to avoid the ants. I did that like I have in the past and still ended up with ants during my B2B on Odyssey. No food residue or anything to attract them. For at least the last 11 years ants have always been a problem in this lot. Never had any issues at Miami, Tampa, or Port Canaveral. Only Port Everglades.

I just sailed on Odyssey in Sept out of terminal 18. Terminal 18 is one of the easiest lots on any terminal. You will pull into terminal 18 first....drop your luggage with the porter and then park in the open flat parking lot right across the street from terminal and walk back over. 

It's funny you mention the ants outtosecruise I had the same issue. Years ago I parked right next to the island like you mention thinking it was a great spot with no one parked on one side of me.....WRONG. When I returned back a week later my entire car was covered with ants. Worse than that the tree in the island had aphids....if you live in Fl you should be familiar with. Aphids excrete a sticky mess...."Honeydew is a sugar-rich sticky liquid, secreted by aphids and some scale insects as they feed on plant sap. When their mouthpart penetrates the phloem, the sugary, high-pressure liquid is forced out of the anus of the aphid." My car was covered in it and it attracts the ants...thus the ants all over my car. Since then I haven't parked next to an island again and haven't had an issue. In Sept I parked far away from any island....all was good when I returned 8 day later. 

Edited by bajathree

The ant issue is no joke!!  I’ve parked at Terminal 18 many times, but only one time by an island.  Driving home, across Alligator Alley, ants were crawling out of every vent, crack, and crevice of the interior of my car.  Otherwise, 18 is easy to drop off luggage, park, and walk back to the terminal.

I live about 35 min from port Everglades. Do not spend the money to park at the port. Park at park n go. So easy and much cheaper. They are awesome and safe. Go online and reserve ahead of time. 
if u went out of Miami I would tell you to park at port but not in Fort Lauderdale. 

11 hours ago, renza said:

I live about 35 min from port Everglades. Do not spend the money to park at the port. Park at park n go. So easy and much cheaper. They are awesome and safe. Go online and reserve ahead of time. 
if u went out of Miami I would tell you to park at port but not in Fort Lauderdale. 

I so agree. We just got back last week and Park n Go is the best. Right by the port and booking online it was only $54 for 6 nights. I am in $ shock for what we are going to have to pay next month in Miami for the RCCL parking terminal $25 a night. 

Edited by The sea calls my name
Correction

11 hours ago, letsgonow said:

The ant issue is no joke!!  I’ve parked at Terminal 18 many times, but only one time by an island.  Driving home, across Alligator Alley, ants were crawling out of every vent, crack, and crevice of the interior of my car.  Otherwise, 18 is easy to drop off luggage, park, and walk back to the terminal.

YIKES.....seems like the ant thing isn't so isolated. I was lucky....the ants never got inside my car....only outside. I really think the issue is the aphids on the tress in the islands attracting and suppling a food source for the ants. They probably never spray the tress cause there are always cars parked in the lot.