A Question on booking show seats with unknown dining times.

GOQ

I have a Saver fare on my next cruise so I understand P&O will allocate my dining time rather than my having a choice.

What are the set dining times on Ventura and which restaurant will I use. Do they allocate my dining time before the start of the cruise or after I board the ship?. If the latter how can I select my entertainment booking times without knowing my dining time?.

I was about to book my entertainment on the cruise planner, checking the show times are listed as 6.45/8.30/10.30pm. Which of these times would you suggest is best to book with an unknown dining time. If for example I book 8.30pm show times hoping for an early sitting and then find I have been allocated a late sitting dinner.

TIA

Paul

I have spent some time searching the NET and found, I hope this is correct, I will dine in the Baytree and the set times are 6.30 and 8.30pm.

So my best guess would to book all my show times for 10.30pm. The trouble is I usually fall asleep at 10pm. 😴

Oh well.

If I do book all the shows for 10.30pm, can I change the booked time while onboard?, or I suppose I could book some shows for 8.30, take a chance on my allocated dining time and dine in Waterside or speciality restaurants (unless they are fully booked). 

Edited by GOQ
Added

As you have booked a saver fare you are correct in thinking that P&O will allocate your dining time. The Bay Tree restaurant is for fixed dining (6.30pm & 8.30pm) but you may be allocated Freedom dining which means you can choose when to dine. If this is the case then I understand that you can join a virtual queue via the app. Ventura has two dining restaurants for Freedom dining and only the Bay Tree for fixed dining.

You can always change the times for the shows when you are onboard as I understand that it is quite easy to do via the app. There will be a card in your cabin informing you of which dining choice you have been allocated.

Thanks PJ's

That's decided then, I will book shows for 8.30pm and change onboard if I get allocated a conflicting  dining time. The last time I was restricted to fixed dining times was in 2008, so fixed dining times are  bit new to me. 🥺

Just booked my LF test and submitted my PLF, just got to pack now.

"bant i ni" = "Off we go"

Thanks

• Like 1