Review 10/29/2021 Equinox ABC Sailing

lnuzzo

So apologies for the delay for my last post.  It has been a crazy week.

Our last day, we opted to self assist walk off ( hubby’s preference until of course we have to deal with all that baggage)

we woke up at 6 and amazingly were not yet docked in FTL.  We spent the morning watching the scenery and getting ready to leave the ship.  we headed to The Theater to wait to leave the ship.  We were almost the first in line, and spent the next 45 minutes waiting for the ship to be cleared.

we bumped into our friends Luc and Earl, said our goodbyes, and eventually disembarked.   Customs was a digital face recognition, and we literally walked to our parking shuttle. Easy Peasy.

a recap for the week.

the ship was impeccable, as was the staff.  I cannot remember a cruise where the staff was more welcoming, more enthusiastic, more helpful.  I know that this has been a hard 2 years, our family included, but I was not prepared for the outright joy that I encountered every day during our vacation.  

It made me so happy that we had decided not to cancel, and to wait until we could safely cruise again.

was this cruise perfect? No.  There were issues and anxiety before the trip, as well as during.  There were restrictions and uncertainty at the ports when we arrived, as well as during our excursions.  But it was the best vacation that we could have at this time, and for that, I Am supremely grateful.

so for those of you who are hesitant, who have anxiety about what is vs. what was, just do your best, plan and adjust to what the travel experience is right now.   Enjoy! ❤️

Edited by lnuzzo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1