Caribbean Fly Cruise PCR

Megabear2

For the life of me I cannot find the link I thought existed about timeframes for these things.  Family member flying to Barbados on 17th December needs to book a PCR for 72 hours before arrival in Barbados and is going to use their local Boots.  They asked me what day they should book but I have no idea. Can anyone offer guidance for them please?

Thank you.

Edited by Megabear2

34 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

For the life of me I cannot find the link I thought existed about timeframes for these things.  Family member flying to Barbados on 17th December needs to book a PCR for 72 hours before arrival in Barbados and is going to use their local Boots.  They asked me what day they should book but I have no idea. Can anyone offer guidance for them please?

Thank you.

U.K. is 4 hrs ahead of Barbados.What' arrival time on ticket please.

Edited by WECRUISEUK

We are travelling on the 4th of December (Sat). A previous discussion about this established that any time after 9am on the Wednesday was fine. We have booked ours for 10.45 at Boots as I am concerned that we get the result back in time. That would mean that for you it’s any time after 9am on Tuesday. 

We fly Sat 25th Dec and have booked Thursday 8am. Local company run by private gps. They send them all off at 11am and they are back before midday the next day. They have assured us our timings are fine, and if it would need retesting they would fast track it. 

Looking to book for Tuesday but due to late booking there appears to not yet be any flight details.  Our nearest place  seems to be Prenetics in Andover or Southampton but reservations are so far only showing up to 12th, is this normal does anyone know, seems some of you are booked in far further out.

The flight details arrived late yesterday evening, flying 11.20, arriving 16.00 on 17th December.

I have booked tests at Boots for tuesday 14th at 12.50 (the only available appointment). Is this going to be okay?  I've looked at umpteen other places in a 50 mile radius and all only have afternoon appointments.

I am due to fly to join Azura in January, and this is now developing into something between an obstacle course and a nightmare. No one seems to have been given a clear and concise summary of what is required and when, P&O seem to have left everyone to fish around multiple pages of their website to try to find the information that they need. AS regards the specific topic of this thread, we need a clear concise answer to the question "If I am flying to Barbados on (say) a Saturday, when is the latest time I can take a PCR test? Is it any time on Wednesday, any time after a fixed time on Wednesday, any time within 72 hours of my flights scheduled departure, or any time within 72 hours of my flights scheduled arrival in Barbados?" Surely that is not too much to ask!

• Like 1

I'm getting very worried. Only booked cruise yesterday so all the early slots were booked and I did a 70 mile radius.  Saw on Prenetics review site a horror story of woman at Birmingham airport whose result came in 20 minutes after gate closed so she lost her cruise. I dont even think that would be insured, just lose her money.

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm getting very worried. Only booked cruise yesterday so all the early slots were booked and I did a 70 mile radius.  Saw on Prenetics review site a horror story of woman at Birmingham airport whose result came in 20 minutes after gate closed so she lost her cruise. I dont even think that would be insured, just lose her money.

This is my concern too. My flight departs 11:05am on a Saturday UK time, arriving in Barbados 8:50pm UK time. According to which interpretation is correct, I would need to take my test anytime on Wednesday, any time after 9:30am on Wednesday, any time after 11:05 am on Wednesday, or any time after 8:50pm on Wednesday -  which in practical terms means on Thursday. Should the latter be the case, it would be touch and go whether I got my result before setting off to the airport early on Saturday morning. We need a definitive answer NOW!

22 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I agree, but P&O just don't offer help. It's very difficult. Have you called them, I did think about contacting Bajan Government.  The problem for me is a late booking and fairly remote access to testing.

I have found a link on the FCOs website

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/barbados/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19

which states "All travellers from the UK must present on arrival a valid COVID-19 PCR negative test result taken no more than 3 days in advance of your flight’s arrival. Please note that the test can be taken at any time during the day 3 days prior to the date of your arrival in Barbados. (For example, if your flight arrives at 10pm on Saturday, you can take a test at any time on the Wednesday prior to this.) "

Pity that P&O could not give us clear advice like this.

• Like 1