Back from Liberty Feb12th sailing

cupidsarrrow

Okay first off not too sure how long this will be so bare with me. I would like to say first off to all those that complain about the Liberty I think they should stay home on not go on vacation cause she is a beautiful ship!

We arrived into Fort Lauderdale and we stayed in a hotel in Westin. We decided to do the everglades tour when we were there and glad we did it was a blast. We even ate alligator my son loved it! Husband and kids say it tasted like chicken...i thought pork.

Onto the cruise we arrived at port around 1030 and ten mins later we were sitting in a room with a bunch of other fellow cruisers....then around 1130 we were boarding the ship. It was that simple. Infact it was the fasted embarkation I have seen. We could not go to our rooms till 130 which was not a problem as we wanted to see what the ship looked like anyways. We looked around for a while ate in Emilies for supper then went to bed cause we wanted to get up early for Freeport. I will say that first day on the ship...wow was it rough. That storm system that was hitting the east coast definately affected the ship. My daughter and I had to go to the information desk to get some pills..about an hour later we felt much better.

Freeport.... I was very dissappointed because it was so cold there. Mother nature was not on our side while we were there so we stayed on the island for about an hour then headed back to the ship.

Our first day at sea we entered the slot tourney and our friends won it. Which was great. We took in a few shows and basically walked the ship trying to get a ground as to where everything was. She is a big one I tell ya. First formal night was great my husband had lobster and said it was auesome. I hate sea food so I had the beef. Very good. The shows were very good. John has got to be the best cruise director out there! I have not laughed that hard and so much in years I tell ya!!

Grand Cayman....we did the hell turtlefarm and sting ray tour. My kids really like it. I was a little nervous to swim with the rays so at the last minute I jumped in got my pics taken and jumped back on the boat. The water was a little rough while we were there. Back on the boat we layed out by the pool as my son wanted to swim.

Ochio Rios...hmmmm when we arrived at port on the 12th we seen that Costa Maya was not going to be one of the ports and it was changed. We were not too pleased with this so we decided to go to a beach that is it. We hung around on the boat till 12pm then took a cab to a place called Margaritiaville(sp). Payed $3 to get in. Now while the guy was putting on my wrist band I was chatting away with my husband and my friends . We then walked over to the beach layed our stuff down and my friend asked me what time it was. I look and my watch was gone. The guy that put my wrist band on had lifted it. I ran back to freak on someone and he was gone. I was very upset. I had taken off all other jewelery other than my wedding ring and my watch. Deciding there was not much I could do about it now I went for a swim with my daughter and a friend. We were chatting with another lady from the Imagination and something kept brushing my leg, then my knee so I swiped at it then dicovered I had just been stung by you guessed it a Jelly Fish!!! Long story short I will NEVER go back to Jamacia again!!! But remember this is my opinion on this island it is beautiful but everytime we are they bad things seem to happen to us. Not worth it to me.

Okay just to round things off. My son got food poison the last night on the ship. It was awful. We took him down to the infremary in themorning and they gave us two gravol suppositories and basically kicked us off the ship cause it was time for us to leave. He vomited all the way home. He is doing good now. My husband got a bad ear infection while we were there as well. Scary stuff so needless to say I am glad we are home now! But let me just state we had a great time. My daughter well we basically barely saw her she made alot of new friends and my son did as well. We all have good sunburns to prove it. We met alot of great people and would love to cruise with them again! The couple from Newark and Jersey we had a blast with you! The ship was great. I loved it and so did our family. I would recommend her to anyone!! Have fun to all future Liberty cruisers. If John is still on her GO SEE his shows. I guarantee you will be rolling with tears of laughter!

If you have any questions please feel free to email me or just ask away here

Pam , Cam and kids

cupie00@hotmail.com

Archived