LIVE REVIEW: NCL Escape (7-night PCV, COZ, OCHO, GSC)

drumexpert510

BUM BUM BUMMMMMMMM!

Hello ladies and gentleman, I am back this week on board the beautiful Norwegian Escape 11/27/21-12/4/21. I am no stranger to reviews here and hopefully some of you followed me on my journey a couple months ago on one of the first ships back sailing The NCL Encore Alaskan cruise. (If not, I will post the link below)

This week we are out to see what’s changed in the last few months, how everything is falling into place now the NCL has a few months of operations under their belt again and how the crew are holding up. We will also, be talking about the Escape (one of my favorite ships and I’ll be sure to tell you why), the ports (Cozumel, Ocho Rios and Great Stirrup Cay), excursions, restaurants, drinks and so much more.

I really hope you will all take this journey with me as I really love doing these reviews for all of you. If anyone has any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I always do my best to answer them all and I truly hope this may help at least one person out there plan for their upcoming Norwegian Cruise or at least know what to expect! 

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW MORNING BRIGHT AND EARLY!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

We'll be onboard her in two weeks so I will definitely be following your voyage. If you can post when Howl at the Moon, Choir of Man, and After Midnight are, we would appreciate it.  We may need to rearrange dining.

We saw all the shows back in 2019 (seems like forever ago), when the Escape was the last ship we were on. We really enjoyed Howl at the Moon and Choir of Man. One night the After Midnight cast attended the Howl and the Moon performance. I was really impressed with a guy from the audience who came up, but then it turned out he was a ringer, as he was a cast member.

Goooood afternoon everyone!

Let’s get this ball rolling! 

First off we have arrival at Port Canaveral, Covid-19 testing and check-in.

Arrival: was very smooth with a good amount of signs to point you to where you need to go. We had someone drop us off and there were porters there to immediately get our luggage handled and away we went to testing. Overall very smooth 10/10!

Testing: This was very different then what this cruiser experienced in Seattle back in August with the Encore. In Seattle, the whole process was very new, long lines, faulty equipment, lack of signage… well not here and not anymore! 

There are 3 separate tents, a lot of staff and it is laid out very well. The first tent is for checking to make sure you have your CVS barcode, if you do you are ushered through to a staff member who checks your docs and vaccine card. If you do not have your CVS barcode you are put into a side area to get that accomplished before moving on! After a quick docs check, it is on to the 2nd tent. This is 2nd tent is where the physical Covid-19 testing takes place. We arrived at 10:30am-11am and there was NO LINE. They have roughly 30 different test areas and it was very quick. A scan of the bar code, a quick self administered test (5 turns in one nostril) and we were on our way to the 3rd tent. This 3rd tent is the waiting room. There is a big screen where you code is displayed when you are cleared. Once results are in you are giving a wristband and off to check-in.

Check-in: The Escape is docked at terminal 10 (CT10) today here at PCV and this is a very easy terminal to navigate. After you finish testing you have to walk across the street and go up the escalators where at the top you wil find security (again no lines). Check-in was in the main terminal and yup you guessed it NO LINES… they must have had 40+ agents checking guests in. It was all very smooth but the one thing was that it seemed a lot of our information didn’t transfer over, pictures, phone numbers, addresses and we had to read do all of that despite having a 100% completed EDOC from online.

The entire process was about 30 minutes and after arriving at their port at 10:30am we were on board the ship by 11:00am. No waiting in a room, nope… straight on the ship! 

Honestly the whole process was amazing and might have been the best check-in we have ever had for a ship… well done NCL 10/10!

photos attached 

1ACAA870-0A60-4740-8C14-A60495C5E12E.jpeg

7405EA58-1B9A-4B14-A825-0FC48CD6E919.jpeg

3FDC561D-B9B7-4C7A-8C6F-8FC7120F5BEE.jpeg

BB97E56B-E616-4F9E-9283-065B5BC582F8.jpeg

8C39EDD5-550D-43E5-A6D4-CC708C9AAB98.jpeg

• Like 9

drumexpert510

Exactly two weeks from today, my wife and I will be boarding the Escape and we are certainly looking forward to your live reports and review!!  From what we will learn from your reports, I am certain that we will be much better prepared for our experience!

Jerry & Linda from central West Virginia

Edited by jljlinda
to add drumexpert510

Do you know if the Haven check in is in the main terminal area?  The entrance used to be to the right of the main entrance, as you look at the building, up the escalator.

Also, does the Escape have a full Starbucks now?  I know all ships will be getting them eventually.

Linda

32 minutes ago, ImADaneFan said:

Do you know if the Haven check in is in the main terminal area?  The entrance used to be to the right of the main entrance, as you look at the building, up the escalator.

Also, does the Escape have a full Starbucks now?  I know all ships will be getting them eventually.

Linda

Yes, up the side escalator and check in is at the end of terminal building. Same room but it is partitioned off. 

35 minutes ago, jljlinda said:

drumexpert510

Exactly two weeks from today, my wife and I will be boarding the Escape and we are certainly looking forward to your live reports and review!!  From what we will learn from your reports, I am certain that we will be much better prepared for our experience!

Jerry & Linda from central West Virginia

Glad to help any way I can, please send over any questions and I will do my best to answer them.