New Haven “Standards” ? Joy Nov 27-Dec 4

Slk1z

27 minutes ago, Juncti said:

Instead we went all in and upgraded the drink package so we can hopefully fully unlock the drink menu and get some cool new stuff to try.

That's a very interesting option. With VIBE being over $200pp, the price of upgrading to the PPBP is very close. 

I don't really understand why it bothers some people when Haven guests get VIBE passes. For some, it is worth the extra cost and for others, it isn't. Neither side is wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I don't really understand why it bothers some people when Haven guests get VIBE passes. For some, it is worth the extra cost and for others, it isn't. Neither side is wrong. 

I can answer that one, Vibe passes are so limited. For people that can't afford the Haven it's almost like a mini daytime Haven (it's pretty dead at night and sometimes closes).

If I recall, when we went on Breakaway 3 years ago there was a cap of 50 couples or something like that. It's first come first serve, and with Haven getting on the boat before anyone else they could lock up all or most of the available slots.

I know once we got Vibe passes we pretty much go straight there for our first drinks, you meet a lot of the people all doing the same, but then a lot of people just disappear the rest of the trip. It's like why buy it if you go once and never return. We'd be out there every day all day weather permitting.

The bar staff there is exceptional. Next cruise I'd imagine we'll be less likely to win a Haven upgrade bid once boats are fuller, so we're going to be trying for this again.

1 hour ago, Juncti said:

It's first come first serve, and with Haven getting on the boat before anyone else they could lock up all or most of the available slots.

Priority boarding is one of the suite (pun) perks. Haven guests aren't the only ones who get priority boarding. Pre-Covid, anyone could buy priority boarding with NCL's Priority Access (a rip-off, but still).

Anything limited will leave some on the outside looking in. 

1 hour ago, Juncti said:

I know once we got Vibe passes we pretty much go straight there for our first drinks, you meet a lot of the people all doing the same, but then a lot of people just disappear the rest of the trip. It's like why buy it if you go once and never return.

That's their choice. If everyone who bought a pass stayed there all day, would that make the people who are outside looking in feel better? It might make them feel worse.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:06 AM, Juncti said:

I can answer that one, Vibe passes are so limited. For people that can't afford the Haven it's almost like a mini daytime Haven (it's pretty dead at night and sometimes closes).

There are more than two types of cruisers (i.e. not just those who stay in the Haven and those who can't afford the Haven).

• Like 1