Wifi on Divina

Host Joe

Hello! Wondering if anyone with recent experience with the wifi quality aboard Divina could please give their experience. We have the base wifi included, wondering if there is a high speed upgrade option? I am hoping to be able to do a little necessary work aboard and use VOIP, etc. 

Thank you!

On the Nov 11th Divina sailing and the WiFi was pretty spotty.

I was not able to use Google Voice, or WiFi calling at all, or Standard messaging app, {standard stock android app), on the ship or Ocean Cay.

We were with another couple and were able to text back and forth with FB Messenger.

I was able to use both my email, (gmail and yahoo) programs, no problem

Oddly, I was able to stream Sirius-XM also.

In all our cruising, this was the first time we ever had WIFI because it was free.

If it was something that I HAD TO HAVE, I would see about upgrading, there is a higher tier.

• Like 1

The Browse and stream package (premium package) will not provide you with more bandwidth, I.e, it won’t go faster. 
I cannot help you about the speed, because I have never experienced wifi on the Divina. 

On more recent ships (with latest technology), such as Seaside/Bellissima, I was able to make Zoom conferences, but the reliability varied depending on the time of the day. 

• Like 1

Wifi browsing was included with the YC amenities.  No movie/youtube would work but I was able to check my home cameras and doorbell camera without any problem.   That was my main concern with the wifi.  I would have upgraded to streaming if my home cameras were not displaying on my iPad.

We found the basic included wifi very adequate for email, google browsing and some Facetime.

• Like 1

We had the free Wi-Fi in our package and I would describe it as extremely good dial up. I was able to use it to video chat with my Mum on her Amazon device over in England.

The type of streaming you can do seems to be extremely variable based on devices, browsers, service and the direction of the wind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

We had the free Wi-Fi in our package and I would describe it as extremely good dial up. I was able to use it to video chat with my Mum on her Amazon device over in England.

The type of streaming you can do seems to be extremely variable based on devices, browsers, service and the direction of the wind.

Thank you. Did you see an upgrade to a higher level of wifi package, like a streaming package?

Just off 11/14th Divina and had the all in WiFi browse 2 device package.
We also had an aft room (neighbors with Quattrohead) lol and it worked fine on our phones as long as our cellular was off. 
We didn’t look into upgrading once on board so I can’t help you there but we didn’t have a problem using the WiFi anywhere on the ship.
(My husband was also able to stream but he’s an IT guy and I don’t understand how he got around that. )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1