Live / Solo from the Carnival Legend - December 5-12, 2021

brilliantseas

14 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

I spotted two more elementary school age children in the MDR this evening. 

I can also confirm that they have some activities that are targeted toward children, although they appear to be somewhat limited. 

Build a Bear Workshop took place this afternoon, but is now a reservation-only activity. 

They are also hosting two magic shows, a video game tournament, craft time, mini golf, sandcastle competition (on Half Moon Cay), bean bag toss, King and Queen Teen Formal Night, a scavenger hunt, and a holiday show for Circle C and Club O2. Participation requires proof of vaccination. 

Camp Ocean (ages 2-11) is not operating on this cruise, but re-opens on all ships for vaccinated children ages 2-11 beginning December 10. 

Screenshot_20211207-193040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0c0eb95b6b2cfb699c3feed4e0808b27.jpg

This is such helpful information.  Thankfully, with two fully vaxxed kiddos, we should be able to find lots for them to enjoy while we sail. I'm also betting on more kids during our cruise since its the local spring break week. (not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but guess that depends on your perspective-the parent in me is happy for my kids, but the teacher in me is like "where's my break, though!")

• Like 1

How's the internet on the Legend? I was looking into the premium plan since I may need to access the internet/make a call/message occasionally. But it seems that the premium plan only one person can use it at a time?

These pictures are great!!! Excited for our upcoming cruise.

Caribbean Colada from the Red Frog Rum Bar. It is supposed to have coconut, banana, and pineapple, but I could not taste the banana and can only assume the bartender made a regular pina colada instead.

20211208_120208.thumb.jpg.6471d3eb33619510549b61ac09562ecc.jpg

Carnival has moved on from the paper straws and is now using the Sorbos edible straws. Sadly, these are better in concept that in execution. While they hold their shape, they develop a slightly sticky or slimy outer texture and are NOT a flavor or texture you actually want to consume. The closest thing I can compare it to is chewing on dense cardboard. If you want a better straw, I recommend bringing your own. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jjhh said:

How's the internet on the Legend? I was looking into the premium plan since I may need to access the internet/make a call/message occasionally. But it seems that the premium plan only one person can use it at a time?

These pictures are great!!! Excited for our upcoming cruise.

The premium plan has been working well aside from a fleetwide outage the first night of our cruise. At off hours, the speed is high enough that I can stream YouTube TV without buffering. At peak times, it is still plenty fast enough for uploading photos and communicating with family. I run an e-commerce business and have not had any challenges getting work done while at sea. Don't expect your home high-speed connection, but it is fast enough to get things done. 

I did notice today that our connection changed from being a Miami-based server to a Bahamas-based server. I was using Google's flights tool and it changed all of the fares from USD to Bahamian Dollars based upon ISP location. I'm using a GPS location spoofer to keep my phone's GPS location in the U.S. so that I still have access to my local TV stations on YouTube TV, but Google was picking up that I was routing through a server in the Bahamas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knicks05 said:

Do they allow sit down meals at truffles everyday for breakfast and lunch for no extra charge?

Truffles serves Sea Day Brunch (combination breakfast and lunch menus) from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM on sea days, and a separate breakfast menu from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM on port days. Both are included in the cost of the cruise, no extra charge. 

Here are the menus. 

Sea Day Brunch

Screenshot_20211206-112002_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.a8aa9f4ae6ca44db7b7d119c3274bf5b.jpg

Port Day Breakfast

Screenshot_20211208-081416_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.a16d6d286f2633fc5e684b817563b5a9.jpg

Screenshot_20211208-081426_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.62bb345c7c1f1beb0b8494435f35a9b9.jpg

Screenshot_20211208-081444_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.e4401599a2a6a84b85fbf15b7551fef5.jpg

Screenshot_20211208-081515_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.c193fc53dc2ac2ac6c6ad9cea09d1dfa.jpg

Screenshot_20211208-081530_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.172359eeb025716e8347d4d1ab0efd65.jpg

Both menus remain the same throughout the cruise. There is no MDR lunch on Legend, however I believe Carnival still offers this on sea days on select Carnival Journeys cruises, such as the Hawaii sailings and relocation cruises. 

• Like 1

I finally made it before the room hits capacity! 20 minutes until showtime for JeROME's 8:30 adults-only comedy show is almost at capacity. 

20211208_201446.thumb.jpg.47c45f2d3124f6a59ceef747e73dc255.jpg

They hold two rows of couches on the port side in the back of the theater for wheelchairs or guests with accessibility challenges until 10 minutes prior to showtime, or until the lounge hits capacity. 

I found a single chair in the corner that was still available, with what appears to be an unobstructed view of the stage. 

• Like 4