Onboard account question

databass

$250.00 for a 7 day cruise is in the brochure and $450.00 for a ten day cruise. We dropped like $750.00 for the 4 of us (two adults and 2 monsters) and it was more than enough. We got money back at the end. It was very quick and VERY painless.

I will be on Rhapsody at the end of April. I am planning on putting cash down for the onboard account. Is there a set limit on how much I have to put down to secure the Seapass/onboard account? Thanks.

On my first cruise I gave them $250 and still got $ back.

We do cash on all the cruises and have the wonderful feeling of no debt when we get home! We have always been told we can put down $'s at the start or just charge up to the $500 limit when we would need to cough up the $'s. New rule... when you take your mother and sister and tell them they are on your account... watch the TV account closely, very closely...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie and am going on my first cruise on AOS in 1 week - 03/12/06. Can someone explain in detail about using cash for the account?

If I'm understanding it right, if you don't want to give out your credit card information, you can put down a certain amount of money at the beginning and whatever you don't use you get back at the end, right?

If so, how long does it take to get back? Do they give it back before you debark or do they mail you a refund? Are there long lines to get back the money if you can do it on the ship?

What if you go over before the trip is over? Can you add money to your account? Do they penalize you for this?

Any info. is appreciated.

I'm a newbie and am going on my first cruise on AOS in 1 week - 03/12/06. Can someone explain in detail about using cash for the account?

If I'm understanding it right, if you don't want to give out your credit card information, you can put down a certain amount of money at the beginning and whatever you don't use you get back at the end, right?

If so, how long does it take to get back? Do they give it back before you debark or do they mail you a refund? Are there long lines to get back the money if you can do it on the ship?

What if you go over before the trip is over? Can you add money to your account? Do they penalize you for this?

Any info. is appreciated.

You receive cash right from the purser's desk, either the last night of the cruise or the morning you dock.

The lines can be long, but not always.

You can at anytime add $ to your onboard account. Keep in mind, the cruiseship wants you to SPEND! while you're held captive on the boatt.

Archived