Bimini Golf Cart Rentals

70KToM

When we were doing research, we found it hard to get exact information, so I wanted to share this for people to read/find in the future.

Lots of golf carts available on Bimini, so you could just walk off the boat and get one. At the roundabout, go left and walk about one block. Several companies there. From the reviews I've read, many have carts in poor condition that could leave you stranded. Best reviews that we found were for BMB Rentals. We went with them, and our cart was in great shape. You can make reservations here:

https://rentbmb.com/

The rudimentary map on the bottom of the page is NOT accurate. There are no golf carts in that spot. Also, the address given is for their office, which is ALSO not where you get the carts. Furthermore, after booking they STILL don't give you clear information. Took us a while to find it, we ended up spotting it halfway between the website map and the cruise port, while driving by on the trolley. From the boat, walk or take the free trolley down the pier to the roundabout. Turn left at the roundabout, walk about a block, and you'll see the carts on your right. BMB is among those. This is the exact pickup location for their carts:

https://goo.gl/maps/M4S24Qi8h1Y9ncpW6

What is there to see on Bimini?

- Dolphin House Museum

- The Bimini historical museum is closed indefinitely

- Two bakeries currently open: Nate's Bimini Breads (they had one type of pastry and one rotating flavor of bread, ours was coconut but it just tasted like plain bread) and a bakery along the main road on the right if you're driving south. I don't think it's called LB's Pastries, but I think it was around there on the map.

- Tourist shopping area (ten or so shops) with clothing, souvenirs, etc. across from the old historical museum. Lot of interesting signs around here about Bimini. 

- A few local shops, small grocery stores, etc.

- A beach at the southern end, you can see South Bimini from here.

- Stuart's Conch Stand and Joe's Conch Stand. Stuart's has really nice seating with a view of the water. Joe's has a huge pile of gorgeous conch shells out back that you can pick up and take home. (Warning: they stink. Bring a LARGE ziploc bag to put them in.)

- You cannot currently drive North to get to the beach you see on the map. The road on Google Maps no longer exists (dug out, now it's water), and the new road goes through a gated community that is under construction, with a security booth that won't let you through. We tried every possible access point, there is simply no longer a road to that part of the island. I have no idea why the residents of this (thus far small) gated community should get private access to the whole rest of the island.

- We did drive through the employee villages just North of the Virgin Beach Club. Not meant for tourists obviously but we found them interesting to see. 

Note that Virgin does not let people park their golf carts in front of the club. They made us park in a public lot a little south of the club, and then walk a few minutes to the club across the beach. Annoying, since there's plenty of space in front of the club and very few people bringing carts.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I simply wanted to get this written up in case someone finds themselves looking for this information.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/9/2021 at 2:06 AM, 70KToM said:

When we were doing research, we found it hard to get exact information, so I wanted to share this for people to read/find in the future.

Lots of golf carts available on Bimini, so you could just walk off the boat and get one. At the roundabout, go left and walk about one block. Several companies there. From the reviews I've read, many have carts in poor condition that could leave you stranded. Best reviews that we found were for BMB Rentals. We went with them, and our cart was in great shape. You can make reservations here:

https://rentbmb.com/

The rudimentary map on the bottom of the page is NOT accurate. There are no golf carts in that spot. Also, the address given is for their office, which is ALSO not where you get the carts. Furthermore, after booking they STILL don't give you clear information. Took us a while to find it, we ended up spotting it halfway between the website map and the cruise port, while driving by on the trolley. From the boat, walk or take the free trolley down the pier to the roundabout. Turn left at the roundabout, walk about a block, and you'll see the carts on your right. BMB is among those. This is the exact pickup location for their carts:

https://goo.gl/maps/M4S24Qi8h1Y9ncpW6

What is there to see on Bimini?

- Dolphin House Museum

- The Bimini historical museum is closed indefinitely

- Two bakeries currently open: Nate's Bimini Breads (they had one type of pastry and one rotating flavor of bread, ours was coconut but it just tasted like plain bread) and a bakery along the main road on the right if you're driving south. I don't think it's called LB's Pastries, but I think it was around there on the map.

- Tourist shopping area (ten or so shops) with clothing, souvenirs, etc. across from the old historical museum. Lot of interesting signs around here about Bimini. 

- A few local shops, small grocery stores, etc.

- A beach at the southern end, you can see South Bimini from here.

- Stuart's Conch Stand and Joe's Conch Stand. Stuart's has really nice seating with a view of the water. Joe's has a huge pile of gorgeous conch shells out back that you can pick up and take home. (Warning: they stink. Bring a LARGE ziploc bag to put them in.)

- You cannot currently drive North to get to the beach you see on the map. The road on Google Maps no longer exists (dug out, now it's water), and the new road goes through a gated community that is under construction, with a security booth that won't let you through. We tried every possible access point, there is simply no longer a road to that part of the island. I have no idea why the residents of this (thus far small) gated community should get private access to the whole rest of the island.

- We did drive through the employee villages just North of the Virgin Beach Club. Not meant for tourists obviously but we found them interesting to see. 

Note that Virgin does not let people park their golf carts in front of the club. They made us park in a public lot a little south of the club, and then walk a few minutes to the club across the beach. Annoying, since there's plenty of space in front of the club and very few people bringing carts.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I simply wanted to get this written up in case someone finds themselves looking for this information.

Was there any way to get to the tourist shopping without a golf cart rental?