Warning for travelers who are not couples (friends, family, etc.): No bathroom doors in XL Sea Terrace Cabins!

70KToM

So here is something I wish I'd known. My friend and I researched our cabin, but while booking on the phone were offered a good deal on an upgrade to an XL Sea Terrace, so we upgraded assuming it was the same, just bigger. Much to our surprise, after we boarded, we discovered that there is NO BATHROOM DOOR. And we're a man and a woman, platonic friends, traveling together. So super awkward not to have a bathroom door.

There is a narrow shower stall with a frosted glass door, and a narrow toilet stall with a frosted glass door (though thanks to shiny mirrored door frames, you can stand in front of them, look up, and look right at the person on the toilet). The main area of the bathroom, including the sinks, does not have a door. And since there is no place to hang a towel or clothing in the shower stall, and it's too small and wet to dry off and change, you basically will find yourself standing naked in a doorless bathroom for anyone to see, for example if your roommate wanders towards the bathroom or needs to leave, or if an attendant decides to come in and you don't hear the knock. Yikes.

As much as we enjoyed Virgin, we would never, ever book that cabin again, and we wish they had told us, especially since I mentioned I was booking with a friend. Terrible, terrible design for anyone traveling with friends/family/kids instead of a romantic partner.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...