Ever been to St. Maarten Zoo?

pete&debbie

We will be in St. Maarten in April and were wondering if anyone has visited their zoo. It looked interesting. This will be our first time to this Island and we love nature and animals...like to learn about the native ecology. Any other suggestions for this type of activity? Any help will be appreciated.

My wife ande I have spent 10 yrs visiting St. Maarten for 2 wks each fall. We have done about all there is to do and we are not familiar with the zoo. :confused: However, the butterfly farm is great :p Go first thing in the morning so you can see the butterflys hatch... they are also much more active in the mornings.

Another great place to visit is the open market on the French side near the pier. Lots of local color, people to watch and local goods for sale.

Enjoy your trip, its a great island. Oh, rent a car or rent a car and driver to take you around. Its safe and they will show you all sorts of interesting sites.

Yes, definitely go to the butterfly farm first thing off the boat. You'll need to take a cab there, and I followed the 'guides' twice. After that, you can walk over to Orient Beach for swimming/drinks/eating/seeing flabby people on the nude side!

We were at the zoo a couple of years ago. It was part of an island tour. I don`t recall which one right now. We had a nice time there.Had a guide that was doing her first group. She was nervous but did just fine.

As has been said the Butterfly farm is cool too. Did that on our first cruise.

John

Archived