Disembarkation time, roughly, with an arrival time at 6:30 am

abaci

So we are booked for a cruise the end of March and we arrive back in Miami with a stated arrival time of 6:30 am. My wife would like to fly out the same day and as I'm looking at airfare I'm curious how early Virgin is getting people off the ship? I don't think we will plan to race off, but I'm curious as I start looking at airfare. Thank

I'm not 100% sure when they start (maybe 7 or 8), but just a word of caution.  We booked the latest slot (10:45) because we were in no rush, and there was apparently a medical emergency around 10:30 that held up disembarkation.  We were able to get off a little after 11 and it was a breeze after that, but if you're booking an early-ish flight, I'd highly recommend booking the first slot off the boat juuuuust in case there are any customs or other issues that clog up the process.

20 hours ago, abaci said:

So we are booked for a cruise the end of March and we arrive back in Miami with a stated arrival time of 6:30 am. My wife would like to fly out the same day and as I'm looking at airfare I'm curious how early Virgin is getting people off the ship? I don't think we will plan to race off, but I'm curious as I start looking at airfare. Thank

If I understand correctly, the wait is not about the arrival time alone but also when customs is ready to receive passengers.  We arrived at like midnight in Miami (a rush due to a med emergency) and could not disembark until the regular start times.  I think the earliest times are just after 8am, but others can speak more to that - we stayed as late as we could!

Thanks. The arrival seems earlier then what I remember on our other cruises which is why I was curious. I'm not planning on flying out any earlier then 2:00 pm if I can and don't really want to go as early as noon.

I booked the last possible disembarkation time assuming I would sit in the Wake eating and crying until they threw me off. Instead I woke up early, packed, went to Razzle Dazzle (did not burst into tears thank goodness) and decided to hit the airport early to see if I could get home earlier rather than making the crew throw me off. 

If I recall, we began disembarkation around 8am, only a few folks were there so it was a breeze and I was at the airport by 10am. Got on an earlier noon flight.