Adding someone to my solo cruise

go.without.you

So I booked a SS on Edge for just myself in March and ow someone wants to go with me. I'm wondering what this is going to do to my price because I booked during a good sale. I cannot price the same cabin now because the only suites available are CS and above. Anyone have this happen before? Do they honor my original price or start over?

50 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

So I booked a SS on Edge for just myself in March and ow someone wants to go with me. I'm wondering what this is going to do to my price because I booked during a good sale. I cannot price the same cabin now because the only suites available are CS and above. Anyone have this happen before? Do they honor my original price or start over?

I just did this a few months ago. Since my fare was double as a solo, the only fare change was the port fees and taxes for the second guest. Then an additional deposit was required for the additional passenger.

10 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

I just did this a few months ago. Since my fare was double as a solo, the only fare change was the port fees and taxes for the second guest. Then an additional deposit was required for the additional passenger.

That's what I wanted to hear, awesome! Thank you.

1 hour ago, go.without.you said:

Check your Celebrity invoice to be sure you booked at the double rate.  I have a couple of cruises that were booked at a single rate which was 150% rather than the usual 200%.  

I am an agent and booked for a guest. The cruise is 2 years out, so chances are prices will be higher. I specifically asked about this scenario. 2nd guest gets added, they rebook at prevailing rate, and lose all benefits they had at original booking, BUT the person WAS paying double at the time, so it will be less for that person. The cruise is booked as a single, so deposits tax all that stuff is calculated that way, there is also a single supplement, which like was said above, might not be at full fare x2. So its not that easy to add a 2nd person.. You should call your travel agent, or celebrity and find out. 

Have fun!

• Like 1