Help with post final payment cancellations

MeHeartCruising

My final payment is due next week for my February cruise on the Bliss.  If I go ahead and pay that, do I have any rights left to cancel later for a FCC?  The following is what it says on the Refund and Cancellation Policy for Covid-19. 

• If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during the declared emergency or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from traveling to the vessel due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise.

From this, Can I assume if I decide not to go due (for any reason) a few days prior to the cruise that I would still get an FCC on my account.  Or am I misreading this or missing some fine print somewhere?  I realize there would be no full cash refund in this situation.  

We went through this when determining if we should make final payment or not. 1st the NCL final payment date being shortened to 60 days, places the final payment due date within the cancelation penalty period.  If we made final payment and then decided to cancel we would loose being 75% to 100% of the cost based on the cabin type.  Only being prevented from travel would protect the trip costs.

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 6.31.17 AM.png

Looking just at the words, it appears there are two reasons you can get an FCC:

• Declaration of a Public Health Emergency causes you to cancel
  • Government travel restriction prevents you from getting to embarkation

The devil is in the details - regarding the Public Health Emergency declaration:

• As declared by who?  What agency or agencies?
  • Where declared?  Your home, embarkation port, port stops?

Regarding the government travel restriction...where again?  Home?  Embarkation port?  Port Stops?

2 hours ago, msmayor said:

Looking just at the words, it appears there are two reasons you can get an FCC:

• Declaration of a Public Health Emergency causes you to cancel
  • Government travel restriction prevents you from getting to embarkation

The devil is in the details - regarding the Public Health Emergency declaration:

• As declared by who?  What agency or agencies?
  • Where declared?  Your home, embarkation port, port stops?

Regarding the government travel restriction...where again?  Home?  Embarkation port?  Port Stops?

OP here.  Yes, the details always matter.  The NCL Refund and Cancellation page starts with the following paragraph at the top.  This is the same page that my clip from the original posting was taken.  Based on this paragraph below, it would seem that NCL currently agrees that we are still in the declared Public Health Emergency.  That is why it would seem to me that one should be able to cancel closer to the cruise sailing and expect to be given FCC.

For all cruises:

The following information applies to all sailings scheduled during the nationally declared Public Health Emergency involving COVID-19. Except as specifically stated below, or as otherwise provided in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise, the standard cancellation policies and penalties described in the Cruise Ticket Contract apply. The below policies are effective January 1, 2021 for voyages dates on or after January 1, 2021 on a prospective basis for all cruises:

Edited by MeHeartCruising

OP here.  If the current Covid situation and the current way NCL cruises remains mostly the same for our February cruise, I'm totally fine with cruising.  

BUT, if there is a large January/February Covid flare up due to the rapidly spreading Omicron variant, I wanted to know what my options would be say a week prior to the cruise.  I think it is a fair question to ask what my options are should things significantly change.