Info for Celiacs on Enchanted or others since relaunch

RickSue

I've cruised before so I know how things generally work in regards to gluten free eating onboard.  I wonder if anyone has specific information on Enchanted or any other info on changes since relaunch or in regards to anything regarding Medallion ordering which I'm still unsure how that works.  Thanks.

I’ve been on two cruises (Ruby) since November and I have celiacs.  Process (working with staff) is pretty much the same.  It also helps in getting the same table/time/waiter in the MDR.  We had dining companions who would show up with us and then be allowed to dine at our table.  They would also bring me special gf desserts not on the menu as a treat.  

MDR for all meals was great for eating.  Not so much with the other venues.  Buffet was horrible for gf—poor selections and a noticeable lack of training of staff.   For example, I had ordered an omelet.  My food guide told the kitchen it needed to be prepared in a special pan.  Yes, ma’am, yes, sir, no problem.  I had taken one bite of my omelet when a cook came rushing out and took it from me!  They had made a mistake in the preparation! Very apologetic but fortunately there was the MDR.

The first time I ordered using the app, I followed up with a phone call.  I spoke to the kitchen to make sure they knew I needed gf.  Afterwards, all my app orders had a note on the printout that I needed gf.  I frequently ordered sandwiches made with gf bread that were delivered to the Lido deck (there’s an option to pick bread type in the app).  I would grab a salad (using my own salad dressing from home) to go along with the sandwich.  Not a bad meal next to a pool since the Salty Dog and Slice are definitely not gf.