Tahiti bound in 2023...which line?

RMS Olympic

I am going back to my favorite place on planet earth!

I have sailed sailed on both Windstar and Paul Gauguin, but it was many years ago so I’m wondering which product is better today.

I like Windstar because it just seems like it belongs in the beautiful setting. Having sailed on the Star Breeze this past June I got a feel for how the current owners are upping their game so I figure the Wind spirit will meet expectations.

The Paul Gauguin is a much bigger ship, more onboard choices and I thought better food at that time.
As a solo cruiser more passengers could be a big plus.
But when I sailed on her it was under the Radisson banner, then the Regent banner..and is now run by Ponant.

Any experiences with the Ponant running of the PG would be greatly appreciated.

A more current first hand experience on the Wind Spirit would also help making a decision.

Tahiti is heaven, so the onboard experience is secondary.....but I would appreciate thoughts as my knowledge is very dated.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Back to paradise I go!🤗🤗🤗

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We did French Polynesia on the Oceania Marina.  At a guest capacity of 1250, it’s certainly not as small as Windstar or Paul Gaugin, but we loved the whole experience. The ship feels spacious and is well-appointed; the amenities and entertainment rival ships twice as big; and the food and service were wonderful.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sailing on the Celebrity Eclipse out of Auckland on the 14th Of January 23. Great ship, however much larger than the ships you sailed on so I would imaginge it wil not be quite the same as your adventure. 

Sailed on the Eclipse before around South America and down to Cape Horn, she handled high sea really well and all was good.