Water Activities on Bimini?

chloe173

Curious about once we get to Bimini, if there are any options AT the Beach Club for either renting jet skis or going kayaking, some of the "lighter" excursions mentioned in Shore Things. Or if there's even just a beach rental type thing with floaties, paddle boards, etc.? Just anything we don't have to fully commit to in advance to entertain us, basically - is there anything with walk up availability?

I know there's a jet ski excursion, but I'd rather wait and see what the weather is like that day, especially as I've heard a lot of folks saying it's been pretty chilly at Bimini lately. We cruise in February.

I saw jet skis there, toyed with renting but between my exhausting schedule of swimming, napping, reading, swimming, pool party, reading, standing in the water talking. Oh, and eating. There just didn't seem to be any time. 🤔🤣

Oh, I also saw those giant water tricycles and a huge thing that looked like a frisbee with a soft interior platform in the water. And some folks snorkeling but it's all sandy bottom so other than a few fish schools, not much to look at.

Edited by CruzinMermaid
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruzinMermaid said:

I saw jet skis there, toyed with renting but between my exhausting schedule of swimming, napping, reading, swimming, pool party, reading, standing in the water talking. Oh, and eating. There just didn't seem to be any time. 🤔🤣

Oh, I also saw those giant water tricycles and a huge thing that looked like a frisbee with a soft interior platform in the water. And some folks snorkeling but it's all sandy bottom so other than a few fish schools, not much to look at.

Haha your Bimini schedule sounds even more packed than mine 🤣 I literally fell asleep on a daybed for 2 hours...

As lackluster as the snorkeling would be, we did see a couple interesting things just standing in the water- a sea horse and an itty bitty coronet fish.  Wouldn't bother dragging snorkeling stuff along, but it was pretty cool to see those two things!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

Haha your Bimini schedule sounds even more packed than mine 🤣 I literally fell asleep on a daybed for 2 hours...

As lackluster as the snorkeling would be, we did see a couple interesting things just standing in the water- a sea horse and an itty bitty coronet fish.  Wouldn't bother dragging snorkeling stuff along, but it was pretty cool to see those two things!

LOL you and me Taco!

a sea horse!  while I was swimming I wondered if I might see one - no such luck. I wore my swim goggles.