Spirit Kids Pool and Kids Program question

Pepi

Hi we are considering the Spirit Florida Bahama sailing from NYC with a 10 year-old. Will a child this age be interested/entertained at the Kids pool area/the Bucaneer pool I think it is called? Or will a child that age feel out of place there? It's hard to tell from the picture if this pool is more for 5 and 6 year-old or if a 10 year-old would like it too.

Also, are children allowed at the main pool area?

Last, I have heard that some cruise sailings (not just NCL) can have so many children on board that not all can get into the kids club program to play. Any truth to this?

Anyone know how late the kids program is open til at night?

Is this know to be a good program for a 10 year-old?

Sorry so many questions...but really appreciate any info!:)

Hi

We did the Spirt Jan 28 - Feb 9. My daughter is 10.

She absolutely loved the kids group! They are well entertained for this age group (10-12).

The hours were 9-12, 2-5 & 7-10 on sea days

7-10pm on port days and 2-5 & 7-10 on short port (1pm) days

daycare is available in the facility outside these hours at a rate of $5 per child + $3 for each additional child.

The pool is great and appropriate for all kids ages. both my son 5 and daughter 10 loved it. There is also a kids hottub there and a little wading pool for the really small ones.

Children are allowed in the adult pool but not in the 2 pools in the spa area.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I think kids of all ages would love the Wet & Wild Buccaneer area. As adults we loved being at that area of the ship and enjoyed the amphitheater area where we had nice views as we sailed along, or relaxed while in port.

I loved the Spirit and I'm sure you will enjoy it very much as well.

Hikini:D

He should be fine. There pretty good with this age group and often will combine it at times with the 10-12 age group. Especially if there aren't many in one of the particular groups.

All the kids over 5 in the groups seemed to love it. My daughter couldn't wait to go. If he is really worried sign him up for the 10-12 group. I know many say you can't do that but on our cruise someone did and the couselors did not check. If they happen to catch it then worst case is he will be put in the group he belongs in.

for the wonderful feedback and quick responses. I am more excited about the cruise now. This is my third cruise but this is my husband's and child's first cruise. That kids pool looks like a great feature. Would have never expected to find something like that ona cruise ship. Right now we have a cabin on hold for the June 10th sailing. We chose the sailing and Norwegian simply due to the great price. But now it seems we may get more than we would have expected!

Good questions and responses re: pool area for kids. Anyone know how deep the kids pool and regular pools are?

Our family is booked to sail on the Spirit 8/27 - 9/3 for the 6 day Florida/Bahamas. Can't wait for reviews of that itinerary. Looks like a great one for families because the 3 stops can be explored without purchasing expeditions. Too expensive for 6 of us! The kids will be 10, 9, 7 and 5.

Also, anyone have any idea if NYC schools are back in session by then? I picked those dates because it's just prior to No. VA starting school. I'm hoping for some kids, but not overrun by kids. Of course, since 3rd/4th passengers are free on that itinerary right now, could be a bunch of families!

Thanks!

Hi Soccermom

I wanted to let you know that most Long Island Schools are not back in session that week. Many go back after Labor Day. Perhaps many people will be getting ready for school (all that last minute school supply and clothes shopping) and are not vacationing at that time.

Angie

for the wonderful feedback and quick responses. I am more excited about the cruise now. This is my third cruise but this is my husband's and child's first cruise. That kids pool looks like a great feature. Would have never expected to find something like that ona cruise ship. Right now we have a cabin on hold for the June 10th sailing. We chose the sailing and Norwegian simply due to the great price. But now it seems we may get more than we would have expected!

DW, 4 year old daughter and 6 y/o son and I will be on the Spirit on June 11 (I noticed you noted June 10th above...may want to check that). I posted a rollcall for this sailing. Feel free to join in and we can all get excited for the trip!

I entered the sail date incorrectly. Looks like we will be on the June 11 sailing! (Got it mixed up the Dawn's sail date on 6/10..which we also checked.).

Am new to the board. Will look for the rollcall!

Angiebear: I also believe that most NJ schools will not be in session by then either. But also wonder since that is get ready for back to school time if it will be less crowded with kids.

(can't figure out how to reply to a specific quote).

Archived