fully potty trained

J&J'smommy

I have a question about my daughter and being fully potty trained for the Oceaneer Club. She will turn 3 in April and is mostly potty trained. She still has some trouble at nap and bedtime. Will I have to put her in the nursery? Her brother and best friend will be in the Oceaneer and I would hate to move her. Thank you for any input.

J & J's mommy

The rule is they have to be potty trained, but i agree with the above poster. If she only has accidents with naps and bedtime i would not leave her then and say she is potty trained. Almost every young kid has an accident in the club, they wont kick them out for that. They just page you and you take care of them and then can bring them back. Kids get excited and accidents happen. The first day is kind of an open house so you can take her to the bathroom so she can be familiar with it. It looks so cute because everything is tiny for kids. I would take her just before you drop her off, and dont give a lot of liquid just before. You can go and check on her anytime, so you could give her a reminder about going or perhaps one of the older kids could remind her too.

The counselors do have potty break times where they try to get every child to try to go because they do understand that kids dont want to quit playing long enough to go.

I'm sure she will do fine if your careful about the timing.

mom x4,grandma x4

To both mom x4,grandma x4 and midnightbuffet,

Thank you for your insight. I actually never thought of just not bringing her during naptime. I guess I just got caught up in fully potty trained. I just have so many questions and worries, this will be my 2nd cruise and our children's 1st. Thank you

J & J's mommy

J&J's mommy,

glad to hear we helped you some. If you have anyother questions please ask, I will be happy to try to answer any questions that I can.

I have cruised DCL with ages of 18 months to 51 years of age, so we have experienced lots of the programs they have. Also we have done 10 DCL cruises and 2 more booked.

Please let me know if I can help.

mom x4,grandma x4

My son was 3 1/2 when we went. He was still "parent lead" potty trained, i.e. we took him every 2-3 hours. I just made sure I stopped by to check and I also mentioned it to them. . I think he did have one accident during the evening and I just took him back with me. My DD, even as old has 5yo would have an accident every few months. I would assume a child that is refusing to go potty and constantly pee's on themselves would be the one that they might not allow.

Sandy

Archived