FCC expiration if you must cancel due to Covid Positive?

cruisingfyra

I spoke with  NCL via their chat feature, so take this for what it's worth.  They said the FCC would be good for 1 year from date of issue.  This would be for actually booking and completing the cruise.  Wish it were a little longer before it expires, such as the 3 year expiration on cruisefirst certificates. 

9 hours ago, cruisingfyra said:

I spoke with  NCL via their chat feature, so take this for what it's worth.  They said the FCC would be good for 1 year from date of issue.  This would be for actually booking and completing the cruise.  Wish it were a little longer before it expires, such as the 3 year expiration on cruisefirst certificates. 

Does the FFC get issued immediately or does it take a few days or weeks.  Hoping a few weeks to lengthen the expiration date. 

16 hours ago, Bigbluegal said:

it is ridiculous to have an expiration of

1 year when cruises have only recently resumed with limitations.  We had two cruises scheduled and can only cruise during school breaks so two in one year is not necessarily possible.  

I agree, one year to book and take the cruise is unreasonable. Not everyone has tons of vacation time waiting to be used up, and I already have a cruise booked for December 2022 that was rescheduled from 2021 with another line. That leaves me two weeks in August, so I would be forced to go wherever NCL happens to be sailing at that moment in time. Not acceptable.