Deluxe drink package 345DKK/€46 for some Europeans

ditmar2007

Managed to get this added to May cruise with no fuss at all.

Just want to clarify to any concerned.

One of us doesn't drink alcohol and we already had refreshment at lowest rate i've seen so far. £12.92

T&Cs say you can buy deluxe for 1 but you need to buy Refreshment on Cruise planner for the other person in cabin at current rate at time of booking.

Because we already had it they refunded one from the cruise planner meaning we kept the great rate.

Edited by Jplanetx
Edit: grammer

18 minutes ago, Jplanetx said:

Managed to get this added to May cruise with no fuss at all.

Just want to clarify to any concerned.

One of us doesn't drink alcohol and we already had refreshment at lowest rate i've seen so far. £12.92

T&Cs say you can buy deluxe for 1 but you need to buy Refreshment on Cruise planner for the other person in cabin at current rate at time of booking.

Because we already had it they refunded one from the cruise planner meaning we kept the great rate.

I had to fight with them a bit to get the refreshment package added for me. Was constantly told that I could only have the deluxe package as well and that refreshment wasn't part of it. Had to constantly tell them that their own T&C said I could have refreshment as long as my partner buys deluxe as I don't drink alcohol. Had to get supervisor approval as an 'exception'.

Why do they make things so hard!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

I had to fight with them a bit to get the refreshment package added for me. Was constantly told that I could only have the deluxe package as well and that refreshment wasn't part of it. Had to constantly tell them that their own T&C said I could have refreshment as long as my partner buys deluxe as I don't drink alcohol. Had to get supervisor approval as an 'exception'.

Why do they make things so hard!

I feel like sometimes you get someone who has more authority than others. But was lucky this time! if im  speaking to someone who's not making sense ill say i have to go and call back next day.  🙃

On 12/29/2021 at 10:14 AM, ditmar2007 said:

Today there is an offer for 345DKK/475SEK/470NOK/£40/€46 - I didn't check all countries, but Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany and UK have it on their front page. 

France, Italy and Spain don't. It seems as if it's only the northern European countries.

You have to call a number, and THEY add it to your booking where it shows up as the line TXB1 DLX <no-of-nights> on the Guest Invoice and not as a customer transaction. You just have to remember to cancel your own drinking package if you already have one.

Bonus: You don't have to pay for it before the final payment as it's on the booking.

Bonus2: I think it's $50 - the rate of $ to DKK is low, so it ended up being not 345DKK but 323DKK. 

So far since booking Wonder has had a 3 GBP discount on Delux Drinks since launch. I should be paying 38GBP instead of 50 GBP based on the previous ship for same dates. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In Finland they have been offering a free DBP on Voyager of the Seas summer 2022 cruises. I assume the offer is available in the entire Nordic market, but haven't checked. It's been available for over a month now. When I noticed it, I called Royal and repriced my cruise. Basically got DBP for 75 euros per person (total amount for the 7 day cruise) because my original price was slightly lower than the new price that included the package.

734228972_packageincluded.JPG.9db47164b41044bb751e92287293839f.JPG

Edited by Shiraus82
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shiraus82 said:

In Finland they have been offering a free DBP on Voyager of the Seas summer 2022 cruises. I assume the offer is available in the entire Nordic market, but haven't checked. It's been available for over a month now. When I noticed it, I called Royal and repriced my cruise. Basically got DBP for 75 euros per person (total amount for the 7 day cruise) because my original price was slightly lower than the new price that included the package.

In Denmark as well

2 hours ago, Shiraus82 said:

It's even better: If you go solo, you pay very little extra for the stateroom.

The difference (without grats) for a GTY inside 28. August between one and two pax is 3847 dkk. Corresponding to a DBP.

After some calculations I get that the cruise without DBP is 1446 ($200) for two pax - 1946 dkk for one pax. So you DO pay extra (even more than 100%) for the stateroom, but you get a DBP in the deal.