outdoor activities on Escape- Are they closed for maintenance or Closed due to COVID

marksfamilyof4

1 hour ago, marksfamilyof4 said:

I am scheduled on Escape March 5 cruise.  My family is really looking forward to the ropes, basketball, and putt putt.  Are these areas closed due to maintenance/low staffing or COVID?  I am really hoping they will reopen.  

The most recent and most specific thing I saw (I believe from someone who was or is on Escape) is that the area was closed due to maintenance on the [funnel].  I have no idea if that is correct or if it even makes sense.  Maybe a soot problem?

So we are currently on the Escape on the 11 day Christmas / New Years cruise.  The ropes course, bball court, and putt putt is indeed closed.  Per the email we received and the sign posted blocking access to the area, it says closed for maintenance.  Since we have been onboard, we have not seen a single person working on it.  I do t want to speculate, but I have no idea why it is closed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bassmaster150 said:

So we are currently on the Escape on the 11 day Christmas / New Years cruise.  The ropes course, bball court, and putt putt is indeed closed.  Per the email we received and the sign posted blocking access to the area, it says closed for maintenance.  Since we have been onboard, we have not seen a single person working on it.  I do t want to speculate, but I have no idea why it is closed.

Is anything else closed?  It would appear that the outdoor activites might should be the last to close. Very strange.

Just as an FYI, I would never count on the ropes course being open regardless of COVID.  The ropes course closes all the time due to high wind. On a previous cruise pre-covid I think it was open one day out of the 10 we were onboard.