From Millie to Galaxy- a step backwards?

JTSpitfire

After a wonderful Millie cruise in January 2005, DW and I are contemplating a week on Galaxy this coming December.

For those of you who have been aboard both, might we be disappointed with fewer amenities (no T-pool, special dining restaurant, etc.)? Is the entertainment comparable?

In addition, although there have been extended threads about Galaxy's condition, observations on this topic, epecially from very recent Galaxy pax, would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

We have not been aboard the Infinity but have been on many Celeb ships.

Entertainment is the same on all ships - in fact the Galaxy has one more dance floor than the Millie class ships. There is a smaller but more powerful t-pool but it is inside the spa and has an additional charge (no charge for suites and elite captains club members). Also - the Galaxy and the Mercury have a small indoor pool aft besides the regular outdoor pool.

We have been on the Horizon after the Millie and the Century after the Millie and enjoy each and every ship for its unique personality.

I agree with Hajekfam on every point. The only "lacking" thing I could cite about Galaxy vs Millennium is that Galaxy has lots less balcony cabins, but that's not a deal breaker for us. The general cabin size is actually a little larger, and Galaxy has more drawer/storage space, which is great for longer cruises or back to backs.

Is those darn windows in the Stratosphere. The seal is broken in several panels and they are clouded over. No idea why they can't order a couple of windows, while in Galveston, replace the darn things. Then the moaning would subside.

We sailed Galaxy in April 05 and are back on her in April. She is not brand new, but her crew was super, the food superb, the layout absolutely wonderful. Her decor is easy on the eye and classy. And who cares how many balconies? When you reserve your cruise, it matters not what is gone or unsold, as long as you got what you wanted. When you are in your cabin (whether it is inside, outside, balcony or suite) why in the world would you give a darn about any other cabin???? ;)

I've sailed on both ships, actually twice on the Galaxy, the last time being a Med cruise this past September. We had a fantastic time on the Galaxy, it's just a little smaller than the Millennium. The facilities are comparable, actually, the T-pool on the Galaxy is much better but it carries an admission charge. I would not hesitate to sail on the Galaxy again.

I agree with all of the above. Have done Galaxy 2x and Constellation 1x with one pending. We love the Galaxy. Would pic that over Constellation. We loved the Connie and have chosen her again because of her departure port. The galaxy actually seemed to have more going on at nite. Hope they get the windows fixed!

Archived