Transatlantic Crossing # of Psgrs

pearlaz

I'm thinking about a transatlantic crossing either this fall or next spring. For those of you who have done this itinerary, do the ships tend to be full? I am hoping to get a single rate and thought this might be one that has a better chance for lower single supplement. Thanks

Kathy, My partner and myself will be taking my parents on the March 2007 transatlantic. I too would like to know about the weather and hope that it will be nice enough to take advantage of all the facilities. Let me know if you book it. Jamie

The weather will be very variable during that time of the year - some days may be calm and transquil, allowing you to relax on your balcony in shorts and t-shirts, while other days you will be facing 20-knot winds, 10 degree rolls, and waves that will lash up against your third deck porthole!

It's impossible to forecast the weather until a few days before you sail, and even then it'll vary because of all the miles you'll be covering. My advice for clothing and weather is to adhere to the Coast Guard's motto - Semper Paratus: Always Prepared.

Drwong - You're right - I think we'll "prepare" ourselves for a different cruise!

I still want to do an Atlantic crossing, but I'm thinking we will find a larger ship.

Jayl65 - sorry, we won't be meeting you and your lucky parents on this cruise. Please do let us know if you take this trip how you liked it.

Kathy

If you've got your heart set on a trans-Atlantic cruise, even the QM2 isn't going to ensure a smooth crossing!!! If you encounter waves bigger or deeper than the ship, you're going to get tossed about, no matter how large your vessel is. If you prefer smooth sailing, why not book a Mediterranean, Black, or Baltic Sea cruise?

Archived