POM activated!

HonkyTonkAngel

My hubby and I were scheduled to be on the Escape this Saturday, Jan 8 along with two other couples. 

Hub and I both tested positive for COVID at Christmas despite being fully vaxed and boosted. 

We are driving to Florida from Ohio so we'd be leaving tomorrow for the Saturday cruise. We retested this morning with rapid tests and even though we both feel better, we still tested positive almost immediately. 

I called NCL and was on hold only a minute or so, talked with a man named Dwight and told him I wanted to use the Peace of Mind policy and BOOM...FCC activated! It was VERY EASY. He said within a week I'll see the credits.

I am so thankful NCL reinstated that POM policy. I'll be honest with you all....we did not have insurance so this POM policy being reinstated was a God-send. 

• Like 5

So sorry you have to miss your cruise, and hope you are feeling better soon. 

NCL was always going to give FCC for people who test positive before the cruise. What’s new is that they are now offering FCC to anyone who cancels for any reason for up to 48 hours before the cruise. 

I hope you’ll be able to take another cruise for what you pays for the first one. From what I’ve seen, NCL seems to be jacking up prices. When I look at cruises later in the year, they are 50% more than what we paid. We are in Haven though so that may not be true for other cabin categories. I think they are selling whatever Haven cabins they can at these high prices, which clearly some people seem willing to pay, then filling the rest through the upgrade bidding process, so we’ll never know what people actually paid. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

So sorry you have to miss your cruise, and hope you are feeling better soon. 

NCL was always going to give FCC for people who test positive before the cruise. What’s new is that they are now offering FCC to anyone who cancels for any reason for up to 48 hours before the cruise. 

I hope you’ll be able to take another cruise for what you pays for the first one. From what I’ve seen, NCL seems to be jacking up prices. When I look at cruises later in the year, they are 50% more than what we paid. We are in Haven though so that may not be true for other cabin categories. I think they are selling whatever Haven cabins they can at these high prices, which clearly some people seem willing to pay, then filling the rest through the upgrade bidding process, so we’ll never know what people actually paid. 

I think it's more just supply and demand than NCL simply jacking up prices, and it probably impacts the Haven more since the supply is so much less.  The 2022 version of an Alaska cruise that I cancelled for 2020 is just about the same price for a balcony, and the 2023 version is only a bit higher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarolinaMamma said:

With all the changes going on I may have missed that one, where is 48 hours referenced?