Balcony connected to Inside

BillfromWV

We have reserved this configuration on an upcoming Explorer cruise -- it is my *understanding* from the research I have done (including reading posts here on CC) that the balcony cabin is of standard size for its category and that the balcony has no obstructions. There was a post about these cabins a few months ago and everyone who had previously stayed in these cabins really liked them...only catch is that if you are interested in this configuration the cabins sell out quickly because there are only a handful on each Voyager-class ship (4 total I believe...)

This might be a really STUPID question, and I am really bad at spatial relations, but...

How the heck can a balcony cabin(outside) be connected to an inside cabin? Isn't there a hallway in between, thus making the inside an inside, and by definition, not connected to a balcony??

Help me please, I don't get it. Cause if this is true, and such a thing is available, this is exactly what I need on my Christmas cruise at the end of this year!!!

This might be a really STUPID question, and I am really bad at spatial relations, but...

How the heck can a balcony cabin(outside) be connected to an inside cabin? Isn't there a hallway in between, thus making the inside an inside, and by definition, not connected to a balcony??

Help me please, I don't get it. Cause if this is true, and such a thing is available, this is exactly what I need on my Christmas cruise at the end of this year!!!

On some of the decks of the Voyager class, the last balcony cabin towards the aft, on port, and starbord, is next to one or two "inside" cabin just aft of the balcony cabin. These "Inside" cabins do not have a balcony or port hole. On some of these decks, the balcony cabin is connected to an "inside" cabin. This setup is very popular with parents wanting a connecting cabin for their children, but don't want the balcony in the kids cabin for safety and cost reasons.

ccmacentee, No, this config is not available on the Radiance class ships.

On some of the decks of the Voyager class, the last balcony cabin towards the aft, on port, and starbord, is next to one or two "inside" cabin just aft of the balcony cabin. These "Inside" cabins do not have a balcony or port hole. On some of these decks, the balcony cabin is connected to an "inside" cabin. This setup is very popular with parents wanting a connecting cabin for their children, but don't want the balcony in the kids cabin for safety and cost reasons.

ccmacentee, No, this config is not available on the Radiance class ships.

Wow-it's really rare-only a few per sailing-must be next to impossible to get one. I won't hold my breath then. Thanks for the explanation, makes sense now.

We stayed in these cabins on the Navigator in 2003 and were very happy with them. The inside cabin is very small, but our children were also (2, 6 and 10) so it wasn't a problem. (We had three kids in there because our youngest was in a crib, and in those days you could add a child two years old or younger in a crib to a cabin even if it wasn't configured as a triple or quad.) I believe there was one chair and that glass table; we had the steward take them out to make room for the pack-&-play. It just fit.

The balcony on the other cabin seemed to be the same size as the other standard Voyager-class balconies but actually had a plus: the aft end had the same glass half-wall-railing as the front, so you could get a (small) rear view as well. It really opened up the view (except when the window-washing rig is parked next to it).

I loved having the balcony-inside combination. Our children could enjoy the balcony when we were on it with them, but we didn't have to worry about them having access to it from their room. We brought a plastic dishpan and let our two-year-old splash and play on the balcony before nap time. Also, being so far aft, you're right under the kids club facilities, making them easy to get to.

Archived