Stunned silence ?

new_cruiser

On 1/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, LJWECOC said:

I can't say I blame you, but we are going to stick with it. The ship will be fairly empty, I suspect. The protocols are really nothing new. They previously "recommended" a PCR 2 days before traveling, so I had already planned for it. I'd rather know ahead of time if I'm going to be denied boarding.  Just getting out of the Maryand cold for a couple of weeks is enough convince me. I'm hoping they don't insist on us dining alone...I rather enjoy the open table conversations. 

We were on the Dec 18 Wind Surf cruise that ended early for covid. One thing to take into consideration is that your dining room table record is one of the few ways they can hit you with documented close contact exposure.  There were a few passengers that tested negative but had been sitting at a dining room table next to passengers that tested positive.  Those documented close proximity passengers were then forced to have to quarantine for additional testing even though they had tested negative in the required daily covid test.  

18 hours ago, q45lover said:

Those documented close proximity passengers were then forced to have to quarantine for additional testing

This is very important to think about.  A lot of good research came out of the princess cruise at the beginning of the pandemic - that really help us understand the disease.  One of the things they looked at was dining room seating and shared tables. It is good reading.  There are many studies.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:10 PM, q45lover said:

We were on the Dec 18 Wind Surf cruise that ended early for covid. One thing to take into consideration is that your dining room table record is one of the few ways they can hit you with documented close contact exposure.  There were a few passengers that tested negative but had been sitting at a dining room table next to passengers that tested positive.  Those documented close proximity passengers were then forced to have to quarantine for additional testing even though they had tested negative in the required daily covid test.  

And this is why we cancelled.  Group of 12 were to sail Jan 29 on Star Legend, if one is compromised the whole group gets hit.  We couldn't take that chance.

Sadly, this cruise was booked Jan 2020 for 2021, moved to 22...we are all so disappointed!