Newbie Dress Code Question

MRSKitty

I know the dress code has become a dead horse and I'm not trying to start it up again. I have also serched past posts, but haven't found an answer to my question. So here it goes...

On formal nights, is it possible for a lady to be "too" dressed up? My husband will be wearing his tux. I have a few dresses that I have worn to formal events in our hometown. These dresses are floor length and one even has a "ball-gown" skirt to it. Would this be concidered too much?

I am not trying to get out of dressing up. In fact I love it. It caters to my "I'm a princess" side that doesn't get to come out very often. I just don't want to look silly by being over dressed. Thank you in advance for your ideas.

Katrina-

you can never be TOO formal, especially a lady.

However you CAN BE TOO underdressed if you wear jeans and a t-shirt to a formal night:D

I enjoy the formal nights, its like watching celebrities on the red carpet!!!

do it up girl!!!

Dave:eek:

Katrina - it's always nice to see someone in a really special outfit ... and if you enjoy wearing it, then go for it. Cocktail dresses, dressy pant outfits, simple gowns are more the norm now, but some women do go for the glitz and you won't feel out of place. You might even inspire some people to "up their standards" next time:)

Katrina, I'm bringing two long gowns, that are very beaded, on my Summit cruise next week. You can NEVER be overdressed on formal night.

I was on a cruise where a woman had 16 suitcases and one huge trunk for her full blown ball gowns. They were exquisite and she looked beautiful every night. One of her suitcases only had hats. BTW, this was a world cruise so that's why she had so much stuff, but regardless, she looked fantastic every night.

I wear floor length beaded gowns - they would even be Oscar worthy. However, I would be more concerned if your gown has any kind of train or much width to it. You want to be comfortable and you are sitting in a formal gown more than normal. Also, you have small bathroom stalls for those inevitable "powder my nose" moments.

Mr Wolf has gotten more wear out of his wedding tux than I will ever got out of that dress!

have a great time.

Speaking of wedding tuxes and dresses...

The cruise will actually be our honeymoon. My husband-to-be is buying his tux, since he will have more oportunity to wear it. The cruise for example. As for my wedding dress, I went with a two piece dress. I am buying a seperate long skirt to pair with the top, so I will get to wear it again. I am very excited about being able to wear part of my wedding dress again. I hated the thought of spending so much money on a dress I only get to wear once. Now I get to relive our very special day anytime I wear the top. (insert sounds of awww here)

kat-

kat - that is awesome. Be careful, our first cruise was our honeymoon and now we are hooked. Be sure they know so they can give your some extra little goodies. Yep - Mr Wolf has worn his tux on every cruise so his cost per wear is coming quite along. And it forces him to keep his weight down (ha ha)

Archived