Best time to do the San Diego/Hawaii roundtrip?

fsr44

After getting off the Infinity on Sunday, we can't wait to plan our next cruise. We're considering the 13 or 14 night San Diego-Hawaii. Can anyone tell me what would be the best time of year to go in terms of good weather and calm seas? Any other tips?

Thank you. And if I can answer any questions about Infinity, just ask!

We did this itinerary October 05 and sailed Infinity Honolulu to Vancouver in May 2003. Loved all the sea days in October which gave us a chance to relax, see ports, then relax again but we did not see very many dolphins and no whales. In May our tender was surrounded by dolphins in Kona, the sea turtles swam right up to us and we saw 3-4 huge whales. So if sea creatures are your cup of tea try to go when they are plentiful. My opinion? Go anytime you can - I can't wait to book a 3rd trip :D

We had booked Summit 3/07 then changed our minds. You only get to spent 5 days in Hawaii the rest of the days at sea. If its a 14 day cruise thats 8 or 9 days at sea. My hubby said we could fly there and stay 2 weeks for the price of the cruise. We booked a 13 day Western Europe, we will be visiting 10 ports. The price was just a little more. Its all what you like to do. I would rather lay on a beach for 8 days then fight for a chair in deck. LOL

We couldn't do a 14-day land vacation in Hawaii for the great value we're getting on the Celebrity Summit to Hawaii. There are three of us in our family. Of course, we booked this cruise over a year in advance, and the prices have escalated since then.

However we calculated it out for four or five star resorts for 7 nights, all with sweeping ocean view accomodations on the four islands (five cities in all), including food for 7 nights, transportation between the islands, transportation to the islands from the mainland and back, all entertainment for 7 nights, and free room service 24/7. Add in the 7-8 days at sea as a bonus (using a zero cost for comparison purposes). The result? The land based vacation was five thousand dollars more than what we paid for a 14-night cruise.

We're leaving April 9, 2006 and can hardly wait..

SDCruiser

Different strokes for different folks. Lots of at sea days sounds like heaven to me. We did the 12 night Mediterranean, and while it was fabulous, what with getting up early to be off on the shore excursions, some of which lasted 8-9 hours, I needed a vacation to recover from my vacation.

Hawaii is notoriously expensive, not just hotels and airfare, but food costs as well. Add into that the fact that it would be a 12 hour flight for me (my idea of hell on Earth) and the cruise is the way to go for us.

Archived