Hotels in Tampa

Cruisermad

Can someone please give me some recommendations for a nice hotel in Tampa that has transportation to the dock?

Thank you!!

We leave in August!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=2882999

This ought to help...It helped me and we booked at Chase Suits Tampa!!!

They have a ship to shore package which includes transportation to/from port and we can leave our cars there in their lot all week....

Good luck~

I would recommend the Chase Suites Tampa - our family of five stayed there in December. They picked us up at the airport, drove us to the pier, and then from pier to airport on our return. Breakfast is included and is more than enough - there is also some food M-Th evening. (We were there on Friday). Drinks(for us) and take out dinner for the kids from Bahama Breeze which is right there! The room was clean and very comfortable. Full kitchen ,2 full baths, etc.

Hope this helps.

At Christmas time we stayed at Sailsport Suites in Tampa. They have a package deal...$119 plus tax for the room, van service to the hotel, van service to the port, and van service from the port back to the airport. You can also use the van service within 5 miles while you stay at the hotel. We went to a great mall (International Mall) in the evening.

My husband was nervous about if they were really going to pick us up after the cruise as we had an early flight, but as soon as we found our bags, I called and they were there within 15 minutes. The hotel was very nice and it had we got the one bedroom...there was a sofa bed in the LV, plus a kitchen with dishes, DW, refrigerator, etc. We would stay there, again, without hesitation.

Enjoy your cruise.

photorere

Here's another vote for Chase suites...there are several threads with good info re: Tampa ports (that's how I found this good place). It was inexpensive, provided transport from airport, to port and even took us to our restaurant and picked us back up in the evening. Very nice employees and included breakfast and late afternoon snacks and beer/wine/soda.

We stayed in the Marriott Courtyard Downtown. While they didn't have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, they did have a free one that took us to a restaurant for dinner, picked us up at a grocery store later that evening, and then took us to the port in the morning. The people there were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable.

I only just found this thread after it was moved!! Anyway, thank you to you all for the valuable information. I'll check into all of your recommendations and take it from there.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my request.

Expedia is offerring Sailport for $89. Does anyone know, does that include transportation to and from cruise terminal and airport or is that extra? Chase Suites are quoting me $124 for the night but if I go through one of these discount places it's about $100 but I don't know if the transportaion bit is included. Did you book the Chase Suite package????

Thank you so much for your help!!

When we reserved at Chase Suites we didn't know about a special sailaway pkg and they provided the transportation to the port anyway. We just asked on check-in, just in case, I'd suggest that you call. We did think that the lite dinner and breakfast and the large living space made it a real bargain

Archived